Thursday, June 13, 2019

Summer Breeze - Making Progress



One or two seams at a time,
I've managed to make a few more blocks
for Summer Breeze.

(Sunset design from Cultural Fusion Quilts by Sujata Shah)




I added a few of the side setting triangles
just to see what it was going to look like.

I like it!




Now there are 13 completed blocks
with 11 more to be made.

I would rather that this become a rectangle
so it can be used as a lap quilt --
I have an idea but don't know if it will work.

Time will tell.

* * *

My outpatient procedure on Monday went smoothly.

The bladder biopsy came back "negative" which is good news.

The smaller of the two kidney stones has apparently passed
since the urologist could find no sign of it.

The second stone is embedded in the kidney wall
meaning he did not try to remove it.

Eleven more days of antibiotic therapy remain.

Things are slowly improving.

One day at a time.


Quiltdivajulie

14 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Improvement, no matter how incremental, is a great thing. The quilt looks very lush. Like outside right now. Thanks for the update.

deebriese said...

Oh My goodness I love it I agree with Linda, its very lush!

Robby said...

Wishing you continued improvement. Summer Breeze feels like a deep glade with some clear water source nearby. Perfect for summer.

Barb said...

LOOOVE the blocks...and I so hope you recover quickly, no fun being ill...one day at a time...

sue s said...

I LOVE these colors together! I'll be eager to see the finish. Good luck in your recovery.

Bambi Pearson said...

Hang in there Julie! The quilt is coming along quite well, love the colors.

Heidi said...

Glad you're getting better, even if it's slowly.
Love the colors and blocks !

Kaja said...

All that green is scrummy -rainforest rich and deep. I'm glad your health is heading in the right direction, albeit slowly.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like that quilt - you have such a great eye for color and design! and hope you are feeling a lot better too!

Jaye said...

Glad you are feeling better!

I always say 'a seam a day; the quilt gets done that way'

Ann said...

The blocks look lovely. Great color choices and a fun block to work with. I'm glad you're on the mend and hope you are completely well very soon.

Angie said...

Hope you are completely recovered soon!

Vicki W said...

Glad you are feeling better! Looking at this quilt would brighten any day.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read that you're feeling better day by day. Just seen your post on Cultural Fusion with your Summer Breeze. Not too many more days of antibiotics now Julie!