I ran across The 100 Day Project last week
and realized it was excellent motivation
for me to work on one of my projects
for the Unconventional and Unexpected QAL.
I have always loved this quilt
in Roderick Kiracofe's book.
My version will feature a mix
of solids and reproduction fabrics.
It will also be smaller that the quilt in the book
with a layout 8 blocks wide x 10 blocks long.
Here is the information on the inspiration quilt.
This photo shows my nearly-final fabric pull . . .
And this is what 80 sets of strips looks like
when sorted using my paper plate system.
This is that same group of 80 blocks
sorted on plates but shown from a different angle.
I can't wait to get started on this one
which I have named Optic Strings.
* * *
My goal is to make a block a day
over the next 100 days --
and if I get the blocks done in time,
I will include their layout as part
of my 100 Day Challenge.
I'll share a weekly update post each Monday
with the blocks from the previous week.
Here's to making progress!
Quiltdivajulie






18 comments:
That pile of plates and cut fabric must have taken loads of time and thought. Now it is the fun part. It is great you can visualize all those fabrics into one quilt and precut. Not sure I could do it.
Good luck on your challenge...I like your paper plate set up--very organized and ready to sew. ;)))
That is an amazing quilt to use as a guide...
Looking forward to watching yours come together...hugs, Julierose
Oh what fun! Looking forward to the end result. Have a fun 100 days!
How fun! That's a great-looking string quilt. Your plates hold some colorful goodies. I am excited for you and can't wait to see how it progresses!
This will be very interesting to watch go together. Wish I could be that organized..
You can do this!!! and all that prepping - amazing!
Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Your quilt will be amazing!
I look at those rows of your fabric pull, and I really wonder how you do that?!? I too look forward to your project and will be following...also will have to visit that whole paper plate set up, wondering if I can make that work for me??/
It is getting to be summer picnic season Julie! Seeing all those plates with delicious fabrics.........it might as well be fried chicken to me! YUM! LOL
You've chosen another pretty quilt. Love all your bright colors!
You go girl! I'm sure it will be a fantastic quilt when you are finished (just like all of your other are).
100 days of fun stitching.
ooh cant wait to see what you do with these fabrics.
I love this particular quilt also and have the book. I want to dive right in but realistically it is going to have to wait for some time in the future. My dear sweet brilliant husband died Sunday night so for now I will just look and dream and take small steps into the future.
amazing organization! good luck with your challenge, it will be fun to watch.
I love Roderick's book, my go to for inspiration. Great choice for your inspiration quilt.
This looks like fun. I wish I had your enthusiasm when it come to getting a project all cut out. Wowzers! You're amazing.
You have a glorious fabric selection there Julie, and you've chosen a super quilt from the book.
Obviously the energy is returning, thank goodness.
Post a Comment