When I cleaned out the project box
mentioned in #2 of the Realizations post,
this was one of the groupings of scraps I found.
Those strips from sCRUMBtious and Flummadiddle
were sewn together and prepped for quilting.
I used Glide thread in Pink to stitch
more-or-less diagonal rows of
multi-sized and echoed swirls -
my take on Dwirling by the Pajama Quilter.
I backed the piece with this gorgeous floral.
Here is it laying on one of our back porch tables
to show the colors and texture with different lighting.
Ditto for the back side.
Finished piece measures 12.5" x 12.5"
And then there were scrappy bits
from making Someday is Now.
(which is still a flimsy waiting to be quilted)
I quilted it using Leah Day's crazy weave design
and Glide thread in Aquamarine.
I backed it with a piece of this hard-to-use Yuwa fabric.
Again - what a difference lighting makes.
Finished piece measures 10.5" x 11.75"
Both of these minis/table mats used
scraps and partially-wound bobbins from previous projects,
leftover lengths of binding,
and frankenbatting cobbled together
from random batting scraps.
Less to store and more to enjoy.
* * *
There are four other pieces under construction
using scraps from that project box.
I'll be sharing them later in the week.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
Marcel Proust











8 comments:
How fun! I have one more block to make of scrappy 2" squares sewn 5 x 5... then I can cut a solid(ish) fabric into blocks of the same size and sew them all together to make a very scrappy quilt. I really like that crazy weave design and hope to be able to remember it so I can use it on a future project.
There are some days I wish I could sew little scraps all day and make fabric. I have lots of scraps, a box of sewn pieces, but little time to indulge. Thanks for sharing inspiration.
Yay for USEing scraps, Julie!! Both pieces are SEW darling.
Your craze-weave design is a little more controlled than Leah's design. I think I like yours better!
I love these! I see your color choice in fabrics mirrors my own. One of these days I'll drag out my scrap bins and start stitching away. (My list is way too long to set a definite date ....)
Love them all!
Starting with fabulous scraps yields fabulous results!
All those random colors and lengths of fabric work so harmoniously.
Post a Comment