Friday, October 26, 2018

sCRUMBtious - The Quilt



sCRUMBtious is a finished quilt!

48" x 64"





Striped binding and Tula Pink's squirrel print backing.




Quilted with lots and lots and lots of 
large open spirals and echoing lines ala Dwirling
(a style taught by Dawn Ramirez - the Pajama Quilter)
using Glide's Nickel thread on top and in the bobbins.




That striped binding includes a flange -
this is the second time I've attached this kind of binding
and it went on much more easily than the first time around.

Thanks again to Cathy L. for a such a super quilt name.

* * *

I am delighted with this gloriously scrappy quilt!!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Only after looking and listening closely can one make these various subtleties work magic."
Lu Chi

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I use the flange binding all the time....yours looks great! This quilt is a delight of all those bits.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I love, love this! It is so cheerful and full of interest. The flange binding finishes it off so well. You did a masterful job.

Frog Quilter said...

My kind of quilt. Beautiful and fabulous!

Jeanne said...

Happy and bright -- love it! :)

Cathy said...

Congrats on another finish! That should chase away the winter blues.
I like sewing on binding by hand but I really think I need to try a flange binding one of these days.

Mari said...

Another win! This turned out so lovely and happy. Love the photo on the patio. It shows off all the elements--top, backing, quilting, and binding-- really nicely. Happy weekend!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Well, my genius husband... he thought you meant "scrum" a British term meaning a disorderly crowd of people or things.
He is such a nerd. He enjoys looking over to see quilts on blogs
Crumbs. I have them and need to make things with them. This quilt is beautiful and happy

Kaja said...

Perfect name for a lovely scrappy quilt. I like the flange binding - just a nice little detail.

Gale Bulkley said...

What a beauty! All of that fabulous colour sure adds up to something sweet.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun, fun, FUN!! You must be SEW pleased to have this one completed. Too bad that it probably didn't even make a dent in your scraps!! (At least, that's how it works at my house.) LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its AWESOME!!! And! the binding - what a great finish for this one!!