Friday, April 19, 2019

Mosaic - The Quilt



After three months of making block parts for Mosaic,
(click on the link above to read the project's back story)
I decided I didn't want to continue this project
to the point of making a full sized quilt.

So I took the 120 completed block parts,
turned them into 30 full blocks,
and laid them out on the design wall.




And then, within less than 24 hours,
I had a completely finished quilt.

(definitely a studio speed record for me)




I quilted Mosaic using my favorite mix 
of liberated swirls and flowers.




And to work with the variety of colors
I used Affinity Rainbow variegated thread.




I am over-the-moon-elated with the results.




I chose the darkest of the Bella blues
used in the quilt for the binding.




This happy scrappy saturated wall quilt 
makes me ridiculously happy!

26.5" x 31.5" 


* * *

Linking this post with


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The world is changed by your example not your opinion."
Paul Coelho

15 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a ridiculously fast top to completed quilt finish!! One that found its PERFECT backing fabric, too. LOVE!!

Carolyn said...

I love this bright, colorful quilt. It's beautiful!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oooo- ahhh! It is just gorgeous- just a jewel of colors and facets! You did a masterful joy laying out the values. I don't think people know how much concentrated work that is. It has to be even more gorgeous in person. The backing is perfect as is the dark solid binding. The variegated thread really works here.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It is a happy, scrappy to be sure; it brings a smile to my face on an otherwise gray and stormy morning! Love it!!!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

em's scrapbag said...

I'd be over the moon too. I love the way the colors play together in this quilt. It is fabulous!

Ann said...

A beautiful finish. It's so colorful and happy and quite different from the start. Clever you! Happy Easter.

Kaja said...

I really admire the way you reimagine projects when you decide you've had enough of them. It always seems like this was the perfect route to take all along.

Jennifer said...

love it! the backing is perfect. you're such and organized and thoughtful quilter- nary a UFO in your closet, i'm sure!

Mari said...

This is marvelous, Julie! So much color, and so wisely organized. It just sings with happiness. Easy to see why you were so motivated to finish it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt! The color is just wonderful, Julie. I love how some projects can really just make us ridiculously happy!

LA Paylor said...

so fast! It's charming

Susie H said...

I love it too! Congratulations on a beautiful finish! ❤

gayle said...

Zoom! And such a bright happy zoom it is!

Preeti said...

Love love love the backing. The quilt screams Fiesta, Margarita, Party!!! I agree with Diane (Little Penguin Quilts) - Ridiculously happy is a good way to describe it!