I started this quilt top in September 2017.
It reached flimsy status in January 2018.
Then it spent a year in the closet waiting to be quilted.
In January 2019 I decided to take the flimsy apart
in order to go back to this layout
since I never really liked the other one.
And now those liberated HSTs
are laid out on the design wall once again.
This layout makes me so much happier.
Now all 320 HST blocks have been
carefully taken off the design wall and
clipped/labeled so they're ready to be sewn together.
* * *
One day in the not too distant future
there will be a new and vastly improved flimsy to share.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Just be yourself. Let the world see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are."
Mandy Hale



10 comments:
Perfect name for this quilt. Its a great quilt, looking forward to seeing it finished :)
As you know, I love, love, love, love, love this. I am so happy I told you I didn't like the other version. I am sorry it took me so long to gather up the courage to tell you. You know I like the quote "No matter how far you've gone down the wrong path, turn back." I think a modification should be "No matter how far your friend has gone down the wrong path, you should tell her."
When I saw this on your blog the first time, I thought it glowed and sparkled. It glows and sparkles now. Partly Sunny may be a good working title, but my sense of this is more majestic, more like stars coming out at dusk.
"I can see clearly now..." That's my thought as I look at the new layout this morning. I, for one, thought the 2017 version was totally fine, but comparing the two just now, I get it! I like this one better, too. Worth doing twice!
I went back to see the earlier version and thought it was fine. But I know the feeling when a design doesn't feel right. Glad you found a solution that soothes your soul!
It looks great. Was a lot of work to get it to this point.
Love it, Julie; it looks great! I know this was a big decision to de/re-construct it, but I concur-- well worth the effort! :)
Ah yes, looking really great! As one who has just spent 3 days unpicking - my RED uanduqal project - I must say I'm so much happier with my end result too!
The previous layout was okay but this one simply sparkles. So worth the time and effort to redo it. The greys shade so well. I often think yellow has one tone; you've shown how it sparkles through several values. Great job, Julie.
The remake, redo, back to original really does look amazing. I've tried both layouts before myself and the other takes a special blend of colors. Whatever! Kudos to you for following through with your vision. Ripping out is so annoying.:)
I love the Ombre' effect of the different shades connecting with each other. This WILL be beautiful!
Post a Comment