Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Happy Surprise



Today was "pick up your quilts day"
after last weekend's show.

The Viewer's Choice Awards are tabulated
after the show closes Sunday afternoon
so pick-up day is when participants learn
which quilts earned ribbons.

I was VERY pleased to learn that my Scrapbook Quilt 
won the Viewer's Choice Award
for the Machine Pieced-Machine Quilted category.

(there were 18 quilts in MP-MQ making it
the largest category in this year's show)





And I just couldn't resist sharing last year's photo
of Little Man at the show in contrast to . . . 




. . . this year's photo --
which just happened to have been taken
in front of The Scrapbook Quilt.

Awesome all the way around.


Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------------
"More of me comes out when I improvise."
Edward Hopper

14 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats! The quilt is awesome - it's no wonder so many folks liked it! And little man sure has grown, but it takes those year-apart shots to really realize, doesn't it?

Heidi said...

Congratulations, wonderful quilt :-)

Alice said...

Congratulations. Great quilt. Isn’t it wonderful spending time with grandchildren. He’s a sweetie.

Patti said...

I think all my pieces and parts laying around might just have another life. Not that it will even come close to your quilt but I love the idea behind it. I think you quote today really hits the spot. Your quilt is out of this world. Congrats!!!

LA Paylor said...

how cute to have a comparison photo, he sure looks like you! And what a happy boy!

Paulette said...

Congratulations! Little Man is growing so fast. Great picture in front of your winning quilt!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I like this quilt. It really is a scrap book. congratulations on the well deserved ribbon! Your grandson is very adorable. They grow so fast!!

Shelina said...

Congratulations on your ribbon! Little Man is indeed growing quickly - you picked a good nickname for him. I had a friend who chose Baby, which she obviously couldn't use for long!

Nann said...

Congratulations! (And now I know what you look like.)

Mystic Quilter said...

Super photos of you and your darling grandson Julie! It is amazing the difference 12 months can make. Congratulations on your Viewer's Choice award.

Kaja said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved win. Your wee lad is growing so fast!

gayle said...

I love that quilt! Congrats on the win!
And I can't believe how big that little man is getting - seems like only last week you were announcing his birth! Where does the time go?

Magpie Sue said...

Wonderful on all counts. :-) Best of luck with the week ahead.

Preeti said...

Congratulations, Julie. The little man is adorable - love his bangs :-)