Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekend Recap




I took six of my recent quilts
and one from 2010
to this year's Davies Manor quilt show.

Rise and Roost . . . 




The Spotted Winkel . . . 




Epicenter . . . 




Scrappy Bow  Ties . . . 

(the heart quilt was made to hang
in a local cardiologist's office)




The Scrapbook Quilt . . . 

(with a king size quilt hanging
on either side of it)




Tea Party . . . 

(due to lack of entries, 
the Panel Mania challenge was cancelled)








I spent all three days with the quilts 
from the 70273 Project.

SO many stories were shared.




Ms. Andrea comes every year with her hand crank machine.

She was such a help with our XX block drive.




Even those who sat at the admission desk
got in on the XX action.




There are now 80 completed blocks 
with more to be turned in on Wednesday
when people come to pick up their quilts.

That will be enough to piece TWO quilt tops!

(I will quilt one of them
and Chris volunteered to quilt the other)

And after seeing the quilts, several people 
expressed interest in hosting block drives,
including a visitor from New York state
who is taking information back to her quilt guild.




Little Man and his parents came to the show
and with Ms. Andrea's help, 
he made his very own marble bag.

(she said he's the youngest bag maker to date)




He also made his very own XX block.

He picked out two buttons
and then put the others 
back into the zipper bag
one button at a time.

Priceless.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Gratitude is a many-colored quality, reaching in all directions. 
It goes out for small things and for large . . . "
Faith Baldwin

9 comments:

Nancy said...

A very nice show, and great pics. The hand-crank machine really added interest to the whole proceeding and probably generated some fun conversations. Thanks for explaining the quilt next to your Bow Ties- I looked and looked to try and figure out what I was seeing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!Your quilts are so cool - i bet you were inspired seeing all the beauty!! and that cute little bag maker..... *sigh*

Preeti said...

Thank you for spreading the word about the 70,273 project. The reminders are so chilling and timely. I enjoyed seeing all of your quilts again. The Spotted Winkel is my favorite. The cardiologist's office quilt made me smile. Hope the urologists don't start asking for one. The Little Man looks more handsome every time I see him :-)

Nann said...

I will look up 70273 (at first I thought it referred to a zip code). Isn't it great to see quilts (yours and others) from a distance when they're hung? Great show photos!

Nann said...

I did look up the 70273 information. Thanks!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a wonderful show! I am so happy to hear that you had enough 70273 blocks to make two quilts! I love seeing all your quilts hanging!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Gorgeous quilts Julie. I am glad you made the panel quilt. I bet everyone enjoyed it, and some people wish they had made one to share haha
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring creativity

Bambi Pearson said...

Loved seeing you and your quilts on Saturday. My favorite was the Spotted Winkel. All of your quilts are spectacular!

Mystic Quilter said...

A lovely display of quilts there Julie and congratulations to the Little Man on his adventure into the quilting world!