The RSC color for May is PINK.
I have LOTS of pink scraps.
Last week, I ran some of them through my die cutter
using the 3" finished HST die.
This stack has already been sewn together
as leader-enders while I was stitching the blocks
for my LQS class sample quilt.
(the blocks for the class sample are pieced
and the sashing segments/corner stones are cut -
hoping to get it assembled and quilted
so I can deliver it to the shop on Tuesday)
This pile of half-HSTs needs to be sorted,
paired, pinned, and then stitched together.
For a Jack's Basket quilt top
I'll need 144 3" HSTs
to reach the 36" x 36" size.
I haven't counted, but I'm pretty sure
there are at least that many between the two piles.
(if not, I'll cut up more scraps)
For the back of that donation quilt,
I have lots of these two kinds of 5" squares
and some sassy leftover striped binding.
The squares will be pieced into four-patches
which will be laid out four wide x four long.
I'll add extra fabric around the edges
so the back is slightly larger than the top for quilting.
Speaking of quilting -
I have this quilt top pieced and pin basted.
It will be counted as April's A Doll Like Me quilt.
(the colors for April were yellow and gold)
And for May's A Doll Like Me quilt,
I have this box full of pink scraps
ready for sorting to see just what I can create.
* * *
Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Be sure to click through to see what the others are making.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"BB King, hearing slide guitar as a young man, tried to emulate the sound using his fingers and invented a whole new style of guitar playing. Try on another style - you may end up using your brushes or colours in ways you'd never considered previously."
Michael Epp





13 comments:
It's funny, I never used to like pink, but now I can't imagine why that was. Your piles look good enough to eat.
Bright, beautiful progress! Can't wait to see what you do with the HSTs!
Pinks and yellows, can't get prettier than that
You have such great pinks! All so pretty. And that little yellow top is delicious!
So many beautiful pink projects and pieces!
Fun scraps! I know you'll do something great with all those HSTs :)
Those pinks are so happy! I love, love your yellow top. Those fabrics are pure delight.
Go pink!! I sorta got behind - and you are motivating me!
What fun you are going to have with all those PINK scraps!!
Die cutters save time don't they?
Thanks for sharing your colors and process, inspiring.
'Try on a different style' yes, staying flexible feeds creativity, good words.
Bright and cheerful pink scraps will make a very happy quilt.
Love your pinks and a luscious sunny yellow doll quilt. You must have an amazing fabric stash!
Oh my! Your pink prints are beautiful!
Post a Comment