No quilty photos today --
but I wanted to share this series of
before-after photos with you.
DH has been busy with exterior painting.
For the longest time, I've wanted to change our porch ceilings
from the darker brownish-gray trim color to Haint Blue.
You can see that it is finally happening!
So what is Haint Blue?? - especially for those of you
who do not live in the southern part of the U.S.
This article tells perhaps the most complete version
of the legacy behind Haint Blue ceilings.
(those two hooks in the ceiling
are where our turquoise swing belongs)
Work continues . . .
And my discounted-due-to-a-late-frost flowers
are thriving -- not too bad for $1.00 geraniums
and $3.00 flats of wave petunias.
(these pots are also out of their normal spots
while the painting is underway)
Now back to quilting --
I plan to participate in Angela's 2d FMQ Challenge.
To this point, feathers have eluded me.
I'm hopeful this excuse to practice
will help me improve my feathery skill set.
If not, then I'll know that feathers are not for me.
* * *
Lots going on this week
so I may not post again for several days.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Every seed knows its time – all in good time."
Russian proverb




11 comments:
Great story, wonderful color. Hope all your projects go well!
Well now, a porch ceiling with a back story! Interesting.
My favorite porch color. I don't envy your DH the task of painting the ceiling!!
Interesting, and now, beautiful. In the Southwest, you'll find many homes with turquoise paint around the windows and doors, believed to ward off bad spirits from entering. It's less common now, but I was immediately reminded of it after reading your link.
Haint Blue is the ONLY color porch ceilings should be painted!
Yes and me, too! I only have one ceiling to paint - it's an overhang area attached to our garage. I decided on Haint Blue as well, although haven't picked the particular paint as there are so many that seem to be in that general category. And when will it get done?! Hmmmmm.
I was thinking about this just the other day and couldn't remember the name of the color. I appreciate the reminder. I enjoyed the the story too.
That's a great story and your porch ceiling looks wonderful. I have a friend who is originally from the south and now I know why her porch ceiling is blue.
What an amazing story behind your Haint Blue porch ceiling - I'm going back after dinner with a mug of tea to sit and read over again!
Thanks, Robby -- you are a no-reply blogger so I cannot respond by email. Interesting about turquoise paint in the southwest!
Spring flowers and painting, sounds like what's happening here.
I'm glad to be an observer and not the responsible party in regard to painting.
I get to enjoy the results with no work.
Your flowers are looking good.
Post a Comment