On the PIECING front,
I made more progress on The Spotted Winkel project.
Not on the 18 in 2018 list,
but very much on my to-do list,
I also pieced these blocks
for the 70273 Project.
Also not on the 18 in 2018 list,
I designed, cut out, pieced, and quilted
a class sample quilt for Fabric for the Flock,
where I'll be teaching a half-log cabin class in June.
From the QUILTING list,
I quilted and finished Colorful Crumbs.
I pin basted my Liberated Wedding Ring,
another hold over top/back from RSC 2016.
I've finalized my design decisions
(after much deliberation)
and chosen multiple colorful threads.
So far, I've quilted about 1/3 of the quilt.
From the COMFORT quilt list,
I pin basted my RSC yellow Doll Like Me quilt.
I used the scraps from the class sample quilt
to piece a Doll Like Me top.
Since this photo was taken,
the blue backing has been sewn together
and this one is also pin basted.
May's RSC color has been PINK and ROSE.
I am working on a big stack of paired HSTs
(current leader-ender project)
for a 36" square top for Jack's Basket.
(it will be backed with a scrappy back
made with the two alternating pink squares -
and I'll use the sassy binding from
a previous project to finish it off)
I also quilted and finished Geese for Misty,
a 48" x 56" lap quilt.
This one is being handed off today
and will soon be on its way
to its destination.
In the OTHERWISE category,
I spent some time reorganizing my stash.
The resource and crumb boxes
were moved to the two lower shelves
so that the folded yardage would all fit
on the three upper shelves.
This arrangement is SO much easier to work with,
I just wish I had done it months ago.
My collaborative quilt - GLORIOUS -
is here and I've sewn the binding to the front.
I'll get it hand stitched on the back a little a time.
PT for the bursitis in my hips
and the sciatica in my lower back
is going well --
but I don't want to add anything else
to the list of aching body parts.
I've also decided that I will use the fabrics
set aside for a project named Franklin Square
to make Abilene - one of Laura Heine's fabric collage quilts.
I've never made one of her quilt designs
and I'd like to try one just for the fun of it.
And there's something about a purple-ish cow quilt
with a neon green print backing
that amuses me to no end.
* * *
To see what the others are sharing
for their May 18 in 2018 recap posts,
Here's looking forward to June!
I have 3 (and hopefully 4) more to quilt and finish
before my St. Louis lecture/trunk show in early July.
* * *
And until Google/Blogger resolve the problem
with comment notifications by email,
I'll continue to respond to your comments here on the blog.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half-inch eraser - in case you thought optimism was dead."
Robert Brault












16 comments:
Could you please come and organize my stash too? Your's is beautiful !
Lovely collection of projects. I too am considering starting Abilene.
LOL - no, but I can tell you it took several weeks of editing, folding, and sorting to get the stash even close to the way it looks now. You can do the same thing - start by sorting into two piles (fabric I want to keep and use AND fabric I bought but do not like). Fold and sort the fabric you want to keep. Then take that "other" pile and divide it between fabric for comfort quilts and fabric for the trash can. Take out the trash. Then either make a lot of comfort quilts yourself or donate the fabric to a group like Margaret's Hope Chest so their volunteers can make comfort quilts. Good luck!
Thanks, Gale -- fun that you are also thinking about making Abilene.
Love the whole roundup. I love the fabric organization. How do you pull the fabric out so that all the fabric doesn't fall out? How big of pieces do you keep folded on the shelf? I have all the fabric in plastic bins by color which does not look as nice. I really like the liberated wedding ring with the type fabric. I have been collecting type fabric for a while and need to make a quilt with it. I don't know if I could be real accurate with that long lozenge template and two triangles.
'Optimism', isn't that the little bird that won't stop singing?
I'm enjoying all the beautiful color and contrast going on here, exciting.
Your liberated Wedding Ring is nice.
My oh my-you have been productive!!! I'm loving all your bright and colorful quilts!
Seeing Your colorful stash visually explains why you make such wonderful colorful quilts!
What a nice selection of projects remaining to keep you busy next month!!
Thanks, Linda -- If what I want is near the bottom, I pull out the entire stack. Otherwise I can usually lift the stack enough to pull out the one I want without causing too much chaos. Yardage on the shelf is at least 1/2 yard. Smaller pieces go in the resource boxes. The trick with the Lib. Wedding Ring block is to make those triangles oversized and then square the block after they are sewn in place.
Thanks, Janie - and yes, that little bird is also involved with the word "Hope".
Hi, Lynne -- thanks. It's been a month full of family events but I did manage to get some sewing time, too.
Thanks, Kyle - you're right. I need to SEE my stash in order to make the best use of it. When I had it hidden in drawers, my quilts were not nearly as vibrant.
Hi, Joy - thanks! There's LOTS to keep me busy next month -- teaching the three part class, finishing 3-4 quilts for St. Louis, and keeping up with the rest of my life. LOL
Everything is looking so good! I'm especially impressed with your stash storage. I wish I had room for two shelving units that size!
Dang!! You are so prolific!
Post a Comment