It's here!!!
Glorious - a long-distance collaborative quilt
Designed by Lynne Tyler and Julie Sefton
Pieced by Lynne Tyler
Quilted by Janet-Lee Santeusanio
Binding and Labeling will be done by Julie
The day the quilt arrived was very busy so
I haven't had time to really explore the quilt yet --
but the parts I've looked at are totally awesome.
Hopefully by this weekend
I'll have found time to choose a binding fabric
and get it sewn in place.
I want to finish the binding by hand
so I have lots of bonding time with this quilt.
I'll share scenes from the photoshoot
once the quilt is fully finished.
For now you can see lots more photos
and read about the process
by visiting Lynne's blog.
Click HERE to see all the posts
she shared during the quilt's making.
* * *
And for those who asked yesterday
about a pattern for The Spotted Winkel --
no, there will not be a pattern.
This top is a one-of-a-kind original.
However - I will compile a list of links
from the making of the quilt top
and share those along with
my list of inspiration resources
in an upcoming post
so you can follow my process and
combine your skill set with my insights
to create your very own original design.
In the words of Gwen Marston:
"You all get up in the morning and dress yourselves
and you look darling - you have the ability -
all you need is the faith to make these quilts on your own.”
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I like the idea of collaboration - it pushes you.
It's a richer experience . . . "
Frank Gehry


13 comments:
And don't you look darling "dressed" in your wonderful quilt. What a joy it must have been to open that package.
It truly is a Glorious Quilt. It's the kind of quilt that will always make you smile.
This quilt has had such a great story. Lynn does a great job documenting her progress. Can't wait to see it bound!
I am so happy it turned out so well. It was fun working with you (as usual) and I love seeing your smile while you are wrapped in your quilt!
This quilt is a beauty and a Glorious work between friends.
What a fun project! I love it!
A wonderful quilt! I love all the colour, and enjoyed reading Lynne's progress!
Fun times! Look at the rich color, so exciting.
Gwen Marston does have a good way with encouraging
words doesn't she?
Glory, glory, glorious! Well done Miss Julie.
A glorious collaboration! You look really happy with your new quilt. Beautiful quilt, beautiful makers!
Great quote! And Glorious is...glorious.
Enjoy the binding time .. .
Wonderful blog post about a very special quilt! Made me smile this morning :)
Post a Comment