Monday, May 8, 2017

The Scrapbook Quilt



Over the past few weeks I've been creating 4.5" squares
using leftover strata and orphan blocks
as well as special scraps of fabric.




As I finish piecing each top
or quilting each quilt,
I'm saving leftover bits to make more squares.




I'm also gathering scraps from the classes I teach
and special scraps shared by others.




Each one holds its own set of stories.




I especially like the squares from quilts
that were made and then gifted.

* * *

I have no idea how many squares I need
to make myself a lap quilt
nor do I know how I want to frame/set these.

For now I'm just happy creating them
and watching the stack grow taller
one square at a time.

* * *

Check out what the others are working on
at Julie and Linda's Sew Stitch Snap Share




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Great work comes from great joy. 
Leave the angst for the movies; do art that is fun."
Jack White

19 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have a stack of these, not as pretty as yours, so I eagerly wait to see what you will do to bring them together.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have got a nice collection so far.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

My favorite kind of quilt! Full of scraps and memories.

LA Paylor said...

oh how special they are. I love the graphic quality of the tilted squares one

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Fun play time!!

Louise said...

What a super idea! These will make a most special quilt :)

Teresa said...

Waste not, want not - that is what my Mom used to say to me. Your blocks are so cute and really live up to that saying.

Kyle said...

Isn't it all about having fun!

Kyle said...

Isn't it all about having fun!

Mari said...

This looks like it will be interesting! 😃

Elaine M said...

What a great idea. Love your blocks.

Kaja said...

I love this idea.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a good use of left over small pieces, look forward to seeing how you proceed.

Ann said...

What a delightful way to use the scraps and keep a second record of your quilts. Fun!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely scrap blocks and it will be interesting to see these come together. I should get on it and do the same thing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Jocelyn - feel free to join in. No rules no timetables - just a way to create a very personal scrappy quilt. (leaving my response here as you are a no-reply commenter)

Cathy said...

Love the idea!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Great idea, lots of scraps & memories!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

And thanks for linking up to 'sew stitch snap SHARE'