Saturday, May 6, 2017

May's Green RSC Project Goals



The new color for May is GREEN.

I love green.

I checked the pile of waiting scrap projects
and decided to line one of the 
black and white journal covers
with a bright green aboriginal print.

I'll also quilt the cover with green thread.





This innocent pile of green scraps
will turn into a placemat slab.

It needs to be 17" x 24" before quilting.

There could even be two slabs hiding in that pile.




And I need to make the required label 
for my challenge quilt - D is for Dots.

I'll border it with green.

* * *

A quick note for those of you who have 
and See Rock City's adventures.

from the AQS On Point blog
to see 12 brand new barn blocks!

* * *

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see how the others are 
using their green scraps this week.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I never met a color I didn't like."
Dale Chihuly

17 comments:

Kaja said...

Great greens!

Kathy S. said...

Green is my favorite colors. Yours are so rich and vibrant. They are going to look great with those blacks!

LA Paylor said...

hi Julie, by the way I have a tote ready to mail to you, maybe today. Your dots is quilted very effectively. I've not started on green but love green so that's exciting!
LeeAnna

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love those barn blocks. I don't know why I can't get my self into gear and make one or two or... I think if I could make one, the log jam would go away.

Deb A said...

Such pretty greens you have to play with! Enjoy.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the link to the AQS blog. That was a great article on your book, and of course the pictures were awesome! I love your saturated green scraps. I'm trying to get rid of my old hunter and olives in favor of more rich, vibrant "greenery" greens.

Nell's Quilts said...

S nice to have plans to work green into ongoing projects. Love the green.

Judy in Michigan said...

Very nice AQS post. You should be very proud of your work and what you have inspired others to do!

PaulaB quilts said...

your greens are going to turn into some special blocks. I love the aboriginal with the b/w cover, a very nice accent.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That will be a fun project! Love the barns link you shared

Mystic Quilter said...

This new project is a super idea!
Just checked out the link to the AQS blog - great post!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your ideas for small projects! They will be pretty in green!

MissPat said...

The barns on the AQS blog are so inspiring and very creative. I think I have a project that could use abarn. Haven't started my green blocks yet, so far behind.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing how your RSC projects for GREEN month turn out. Happy quilting!!!

Gina said...

Great list of projects. Look forward to seeing them all finished xx

Ivani said...

beautiful greens! Great ideas for small projects.

Kate said...

You've got some great plans for your pretty green pile of fabrics.