But first, a bit of catching up.
Here is my multi-color placemat slab from April.
And this is the red placemat slab from March.
This is one of two green placemat slabs for May.
And this is the second one.
I have scraps set aside in four more colors.
Four slabs here plus four slabs pending = eight slabs
which will become four double-sided placemats
to go with the two that are already quilted.
Completing this RSC17 project is well within reach.
(Yes!)
I also managed to get my green-lined journal cover made.
This is the front.
This is the back.
(the black and white strata cover came from
a WOF panel gifted to me by Wanda Hanson
when I purchased her amazing quilt top)
This is the inside back cover.
And this is the inside front cover.
The quilting is simple straight lines
in a happy green thread to coordinate with
the vibrant aboriginal print lining.
(there's a link in my sidebar
for Wanda's journal cover tutorial)
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
CLICK HERE to see what kind of green goodness
the others are sharing this week.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds
if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
Doug Larson








13 comments:
What a great idea to make placemats from the color of the month. Love your slab blocks. Your journal cover is great too!
I don't think I could stick to one color sewing a slab, my neurons must be scrambled. I think I would love to make a journal- the B&W one is so much fun. Love your slabs.
Glad to read your shirt deconstructions are still happening...will be interesting to see how you use them. Great slab blocks and that journal cover is awesome.
Great slabs ..... I use my color placemats I have made in previous years. So colorful on the table.
LOVE that binder cover!! Off to have a look at Wanda's tutorial...
The journal cover is beautiful, I need to get the pattern.
Love your idea for colorful and double side placemates.
That multi-colored black slab is to die for. The colors just pop on it! You have some great projects going!,
That multi-color placemat is a work of art all by itself!
The multi color slab is just gorgeous!
The latest multicolor slab is a great piece.
Love your green Place mat slabs. There are just so many nice greens.
The multicolour slab just blows my socks off, it's stunning!!
The multi is terrific. Slab placemats are a great idea, fun, small enough and useful. A winning combination.
Post a Comment