Saturday, March 18, 2017

Metamorphosis - The Quilt



Metamorphosis is finished!

49" x 63"

Free motion quilted using Hobbs 80/20 batting 
and Glide thread in Warm Grey




Can you guess where I got the quilting design idea?

(Morning sunlight through the 
window blinds and sheer curtain)


double-click to supersize photo for more detail


Sunshine and shadows on the side yard fence.





I love, love, love the fabrics in the coins and
the quilted texture is wonderful beyond words.

 I'm ridiculously happy 
with this happy, scrappy finish.

* * *

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see what the others 
are sharing this week




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Happiness often sneaks in through a door 
you didn't know you left open." 
(John Barrymore)

30 comments:

Kaja said...

I love how this has turned out: such glorious colours.

Frog Quilter said...

Your finish, design and quilting make me happy! Beautiful. Yum!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Love this quilt and especially the quilting. mary in Az

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is what it is all about........making quits that make us very happy! Quilters are happy people.

Sheila said...

I love, love, LOVE this quilt! Everything about it. Placing the rows of coins horizontally, organic horizontal quilting lines, the low volume colors, the backing. A quilt I would love to cuddle under. Keep close.

Robby said...

Every aspect of this is is just gorgeous. Happy, indeed.

Marly said...

It's lovely, Julie! All those strings changed into such a happy quilt!

Louise said...

The texture is so yummy! I'll bet this quilt is so soft :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Ah it is just lovely! Wonderful textures. Congratulations !

Gypsy Quilter said...

Very pretty.

Mari said...

I love it! The colors are great and so is the quilting. Did you freeform the lines or draw in the first one and echo it?

Cathy said...

Yummy! I love this combo of fabrics and could hardly tell it was your coins. Congrats on another lovely finish including the quilting.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE scraps! What a great way to cut 'em up and use 'em. Wonderful texture. Have a great weekend.

Nell's Quilts said...

You never know where you'll find quilting inspiration. Great quilt. Love the birds on the backing. The pastel shades on the front create such a soft comforting quilt.

Edith said...

I can see why you love this quilt, so do I. I love the design, I love the quilting and the scrappy fabrics. Wow. Is there a pattern, or did you just sew strips? How big are the strips/blocks?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love everything about that quilt, too! The colors are wonderful, and the quilting is perfect for it!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful and happy quilt!

PaulaB quilts said...

The whole quilt just sings springtime! And the birds on the back are in Harmony. So lovely with the flowing quilting. Congratulations on a winner!

Ariane said...

I love this quilt! The colours, the texture, and the design are all amazing!! Congrats on a wonderful finish!!

Lynette said...

What a fun backing fabric for it

Barb said...

aren't wavy lines fun to quilt!? Looks amazing and I love the way they feel too!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love it, That is a great little quilt. It has so much colour yet is light.

Kyle said...

You proved that quilting designs are everywhere. It's just a matter of paying attention. It's a fantastic finish

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish! Lots of scrappy fun in this one.

The Calico Cat said...

This one is going on my favorites list!

Nann said...

It's wonderful, Julie -- and the ripply quilting is just right for the coins. Super!

Monica said...

I love that wavy texture too, and the colours are so pretty! Beautiful finish, Julie!

Ann said...

So much to admire: your wonderful quilting idea, the soft colors, the plaid binding, the delightful large-scale print back. What a gorgeous finish, Julie. Thanks for joining in #AHIQChineseCoins and linking your work with us. Seeing your results inspires all of us to new heights. It's a pleasure to see your results and read your insights.

Sue said...

It's lovely as usual. I think it is so interesting to hear where people get their inspiration. Great quilting lines.

audrey said...

That's exactly how I feel about so many of my scrappy finishes. It just makes me so happy to see little bits come together in such a joyful way. Love this! The stitching really is perfect for it.