![]() |
| Jibberish - the flimsy |
I want to FINISH at least three
of my smaller quilts-in-waiting this month.
Jibberish
(from my RSC 2015 Stroop Effect project)
is very high on that list.
![]() |
| Something Fishy - the flimsy |
So is Something Fishy
from Round 5 of last year's
Gwen-Inspired Medallion quilt-along.
![]() |
| Not yet named - the flimsy |
The third to-be-quilted piece
features 6 short rows of leftovers
from my Colorful Crumbs flimsy.
None of these will take terribly long -
it is mostly the "getting started" part -
which is why they are now on THE LIST.
* * *
The rest of my studio goals for February
revolve around the AHIQ quarterly challenge,
this month's RSC projects,
and some barn building . . .
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
![]() |
| Angela has called out SEA GREEN for February |
I don't have much (if any) sea green in my stash
so I'll be using a mix of teal, aqua, and turquoise.
I already have turquoise and teal
sixteen patch blocks from last year's RSC.
Instead, I'll make up a placemat slab
and a mini-quilt I've been considering.
This would also be a good month
to start cutting fabrics for
the next grandson quilt
(currently nicknamed Adventure Awaits)
and
the pieces/parts for a quilt DH liked
from our visit to Spool last year
when we were in Chattanooga
for the AQS show.
(both quilts include shades of turquoise)
Ad-Hoc Improv Quilters
Our first quarter challenge
involves all sorts of
Chinese/Roman Coins style quilts.
I have two different projects
already underway.
I don't know quite how or when it happened
but this one has identified itself as
The Clothesline Quilt.
Maybe because the colors from the first segments
triggered childhood memories of hanging
freshly laundered dresses, blouses, and linens
outdoors in the early spring?
We'll see if that name persists.
The coin strings are about 2/3 sewn together.
And then there are these
cut-up solid strings and scraps
from Something Fishy and Windblown.
I've started sewing the pieces together
but don't have a good idea yet
of where I want to go with this one.
For those on Instagram,
I've shared a few WIP photos there.
(link to my IG feed in the sidebar)
AND . . .
this group of fabrics
has been waiting for me
since the end of November.
I really want to build a barn
(or two or three)
during February!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
More smiling, less worrying.
More compassion, less judgment.
More blessed, less stressed.
More love, less hate.
Roy T Bennett







8 comments:
My head is spinning from all you have lined up for February!!!
I had to look up "Stroop Effect" to learn what it is. I don't think I ever knew what it was called before. That made me go back and look harder at your quilt, trying to find color words in the jibberish :)
You are right, the 3 small ones won't take very long to finish, it i the getting started on finishing that is the hard part. That just doesn't call to us like designing and piecing does.
I love all the quilts you showed today. Wish my UFOs were as gorgeous! Something Fishy is extraordinary!
I always enjoy seeing your improv style and what you create.
Geez!! You've got a LOT going on!!!
Jibberish and Something Fishy are both esp. wonderful! Looking forward to seeing your progress.:)
Jibberish reminds me of the game Boggle. If you made the lined blocks wild cards, you could make a lot of words. Fun!
Post a Comment