Friday, January 6, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017 - My Game Plan

Inspiration photo from recent visit to Hobby Lobby


After weeks (!!) of pondering,
I have decided how I will approach
my participation in Angela's


Inspiration photo from recent issue of Cottages


For me, it is all about the scrappy colors.

The way they feed off each other.

The way they make people smile.

The way humble scraps become 
something much, much more.


Inspiration photo from recent issue of Cottages


My overall goal for the year is to work small.

I have a folder stuffed full of ideas 
ranging from A to Z and back again.

I want to make a set of
rainbow scrappy placemats.

I want to create a series of "mini" quilts.

I want to cut pieces and parts
for future rainbow quilt projects.

And I want to continue making
sixteen patch blocks
that will hopefully turn into 
a quilt top by the end of the year.

Inspiration photo from recent issue of Cottages

I love knowing what the colors will be
but not when they will be chosen.

I love considering the possibilities.

But most of all,
I love the idea of playing more
and planning less.


* * *
Colorful Crumbs - currently a WIP on my design wall
(the seeds were leftover bits of strata  from RSC 15 and 16)

For those who are new to the RSC,
to visit my RSC-dedicated blog page.

* * *


Linking this post with
Angela's weekly RSC link-fest.

Click here to see how the others
are starting off their year
and to enjoy recaps of their 
previous RSC projects.

Here's to another year of scrappy joy!


Quiltdivajulie

20 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Looking forward to seening how your scrappy year unfolds, especially the minis.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Playing MORE, planning LESS? Sounds like words to live by!!

Melody A. said...

Love your writing, how you want to proceed, how organic it will be, Lovely!! and I am positive you will make some very beautiful creations with these thoughts.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to your luscious colour projects again this year!

LA Paylor said...

good plans

Cathy said...

I like your plans (they remind me of mine!). And I loooove your Liberated Wedding Ring RSC quilt. Did that one get quilted and finished? I`d love to see it!

PaulaB quilts said...

Love your Colorful Crumbs. I'm doing the Color Me crayon quilt this year. Great inspiration ideas. Go for it and have a fun year, you deserve it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the idea of a series of minis! Now you've got me thnking! Your Colorful Crumbs are wonderful, too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

scraphappy said...

Your creative mind has never failed in the past. Waiting anxiously to see what it will come up with this year.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thank you, Melody!
(p.s. - your comment came in as a no-reply so I was unable to reply by email)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love those rows that you showed in the last photo! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like small - that will be fun to have projects that you can finish right away!

Kaja said...

Play more, plan less sounds like a fantastic approach to the year.

Cathy said...

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck in 2017!

Ann said...

It's always interesting to see what sparks ideas for people. Casual flower arrangements are the promise of spring even though winter has barely started. What a great way to see your future quilting.

Teresa said...

I always enjoy seeing your colorful quilts. I want to RSC IN 2017 but a little unclear about how I share with others. Do you give us a color ea h month?

Cherie in St Louis said...

Can't wait to see what wonderful things you make this year :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am sure you will make beautiful things! I cannot work small. I have to make at least lap size. I just love scraps. Your inspirations photos are terrific- clean, strong, simple.

Ariane said...

I love your idea of making some small rainbow quilts. I think I will do both, some small and some big. That way the big projects will continue into the next year, while small ones can get done this year.

Kate said...

Sounds like a perfect plan. Smaller projects and one larger project. Looking forward to seeing all your adventures with scraps this year.