Monday, January 9, 2017

Putting It Together - Colorful Crumbs



Over the weekend I was able to spend
a little bit of time in the studio.

Step one was to cut 3.5" setting strips
from the previously pulled 
black and whites.




Step two was to start at the top 
of the design wall and begin stitching 
setting strips to the 4.5" color band rows.




From two rows of color to four . . .


Yes!


* * *


Linking up with


and




Quiltdivajulie

12 comments:

Ariane said...

It's looking great!!!

Bonnie said...

Really like the black and white with the bright colors. Great job.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The black and white look terrific. Your crumb blocks are pretty solid so the black and white contrasts well. Wonderful to look at.

Cathy said...

Love the contrast of brights with black and whites. So pretty!

Unknown said...

Julie, thank your for helping me figure out my next project. Last year I did the Circa 2016 weekly sew along with the Temecula Quilt Company. This year they are doing First Friday, but once a month is too easy. I've been pondering what to do. I'm going to join you in doing the RSC 2017! I'm going to combine it with First Friday. So each month I will make one set of block is varied scraps and a second set using the RSC colors. Wonderful solution!

Teresa said...

I am working on a black and white quilt with colorful strips as well. Love the contrast

Janie said...

Delightful contrasts and I do love good contrast!

Mystic Quilter said...

The black and white fabrics make the rich colours just pop!

Millie said...

I keep underestimating those simple black and whites when I buy them. Thanks for the refresher!

Kyle said...

Love the way those crumbs are coming together.

Char said...

Nothing like black and white with brights!

em's scrapbag said...

Great progress! Thanks for linking up with Moving it Forward.