Monday, October 24, 2016

Studio Game Plan



I spent some time over the weekend
taking inventory in the studio.

This post is my "short list"
of projects that I need/want
to work on in the coming weeks.

I have quilted the first two rows
on Moments in Time (above)
and I like what I see.

I started my version of 
Audrey's Quilty 365 Project
on  November 9, 2015.

I'd like to be able to share 
my finished quilt in the fast-approaching 
November 1st monthly link-up.




Lori at Humble Quilts
has shared the final post
along with the inspiration quilt
for her Quilters Madder QAL.

I need/want to finish up Steps 3 and 4,
turn the blocks into a top,
and get this little one quilted.




I also very much want/need 
to work on Something Fishy.
(Round 5 of the Gwen-Inspired Medallion QAL)

Once the borders are sewn in place,
I want to go ahead and do the quilting.
(Baptist Fans are high on the list)




Plaid-Mania has been waiting 
on the design wall for a while now.

There are only a few more blocks to piece 
before I can begin squaring and quartering.

The layout process will be fun and
I'm looking forward to that stage.




The colorful scrappy crumb columns
will serve as background stitching.

With a little prep work,
several stages lend themselves
to leader-ender style piecing,
but once each color group
progresses beyond the L-E stage,
I'll go ahead and create the column.

* * *

We'll see how things go!



Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Looking forward to seeing your completed Quilty 365 project. I just finished my 366 circles a few days ahead of time and began a mock layout on the design wall yesterday. Getting excited about finishing this top!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I don't think I can even drag out and photo my projects in need of finishing- I would be discouraged. This coming weekend is our guild quilt retreat, so I am pulling out multiple quilts to try and finish or move forward.

Nancy said...

Your projects are terrific! I always feel better when someone has as many works-in-progress as I do. They do eventually get done though, so no worries. I guess.

Kaja said...

I know you are very organised but that is a lot of projects! Good luck making progress on all of them.

Kevin the Quilter said...

You are working on some really great projects! I wonder what I would find if I made a list like you have here? Best wishes on Gittn'R'Done!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super fun projects on the go!! I'm looking forward to seeing each of them completed. Happy finishing!!!

Kyle said...

Getting a list and taking stock on what exactly is left to be done is a good way of actually gettin' it done. You've got some great projects to work on. Keep us posted.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

You've got your work cut out for you! (sorry)