Monday, October 17, 2016

Busy Week Ahead



When I went to the quilt shop in Jackson
to retrieve my Bernina after its spa treatment,
I found this fabric on the 50% off table.

Score!




I also brought home one-yard cuts of these three.





I did not go looking for backing fabric,
but this simply had to come home with me.


Pinks, Yellows, Golds, and Oranges on the design wall

That backing will be perfect 
for the project being made a little at a time 
using leftover bits of RSC strata
along with stashed scraps and crumbs. 

The first three 4.5" columns are sewn -
each of which is a different length.

My plan is to create all of the color columns 
and design the layout later.

Colors still to come include reds, dark blues,
purples, teal/turquoise, 
and greens ranging from lime to evergreen.





And . . . 

there were several hours of babysitting 
at our house last weekend.

At one point late in the afternoon, 
Grandpa shared the sunroom recliner 
with a napping Mr. Adorable 
and Mr. Adorable's dog Darcy.

(Darcy was not napping - she was on squirrel alert)


* * *


As far as the coming week,
I'm not sure how much stitching will take place.

Eye doctor, dentist, lunch with friends,
and several other out-of-the-house appointments.

We'll see how it goes.




Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Heart warming glimpse of Grandpa and Connor - not forgetting Darcy of course.
Enjoy your busy week!

LA Paylor said...

I think Darcy was the sitter and grandpa was the holder

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the crumb columns! They are 4.5" wide by how long?

Kevin the Quilter said...

Awww family time is the best! Jackson? As in Jackson, TN???

Janie said...

Fun fabric, project is looking good.
Mr. Adorable is just that!

Kyle said...

What sweet moments. Love your new fabric as well. It will be nice to able able to cross so many obligations off your list

Nancy said...

I love the flowered fabric you bought. I can imagine more than backing for a quilt with it! That's a sweet photo of grandfather and grandson. Baby looks so comfortable and relaxed.

LynneP said...

GREAT photo!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect backing fabric and a perfectly adorable baby boy!!

Kaja said...

Lovely photo! They look so tranquil.