![]() |
| Max (my APQS George sit down long arm) at work |
Wilkommen has been sandwiched
and marked using Barb's Baptist Fan stencil.
As I quilted the first couple of rows,
it occurred to me that I hadn't shared
Max's revised/upgraded set up.
DH hung two light bars overhead.
Older tracking lighting pieces/parts
updated with a fresh coat of paint
and new not-hot lightbulbs
definitely reduce eye strain.
We also designed an extension table
hinged from the back of Max's table
and supported by two fold-up legs.
(the extension section can be folded down flat
against the back of Max's table when not in use)
That additional space and support
for the quilt behind Max's stitching area
makes a huge difference.
(the unit near the front of this photo is Max's bobbin winder)
After watching Christina Cameli's Craftsy classes,
I tried her idea to remove the thumb and forefinger
portions of my quilting glove.
SO much easier to pick up stray threads,
remove basting pins / Pinmoors,
and change the bobbin/thread the needle.
Still some more quilting stitches to complete
but I hope to have a finish ready to share next week.
![]() |
| Mr. Adorable holding his daddy's finger |
And now for an update on our grandson --
Mr. Adorable is 2-weeks-old today.
His IVs have been removed
and he's beginning to gain weight.
3 lbs. 7.5 ozs. at birth,
he dropped to 3 lbs. 6 ozs.
but is now at 3 lbs. 12 ozs.
(That's a tiny feeding tube in his nose -
he manages a little breast milk from a bottle
but the rest is fed through the tube)
Evenings are devoted to
cuddle time with his parents
so we visit during the late afternoon.
NICU is an amazing place.
Quiltdivajulie





12 comments:
Nice to see your wee grandson is doing well, what a cutie :-). Good light always makes a difference, it looks like you have a great set-up.
I'm so happy to hear Connor has gained weight. I love the photos of tiny fingers wrapped around a daddy's finger. Such a comparison of size.
Awww... What a sweet picture!
And it looks like Max is making himself right at home. 8)
Pleased he's making progress, but he looks oh so tiny when you see the size of a finger with his tiny wee ones in comparison.
You have a wonderful set up with Max - and Larry!!!
NICUs are amazing places. In our area the Ronald McDonald house is an essential also since many of the babies come from more than 50 miles away and the house gives them a way to stay close for the visits.
Connor's adorable. Glad to hear he is doing so well.
Hi Julie, I'm happy to see Connor's progress! I also enjoy every photo and tidbit you post about your experiences using George--I've been watching this mid arm machine and mulling over whether I want to buy it or a similar one for a long time. I would love to hear more about how you are liking it and any thoughts comparing it to using your domestic sewing machine for FM quilting so I hope you have that in mind for posting.. I also tried Christina Camelli's idea about cutting off the two fingers of my quilting gloves and what a difference it made! In fact I had quit using gloves because of their clumsiness before I tried her tip. Now I'm using them again and really finding they work well once I can use those two fingers with normal sensitivity. Great post.
Your little quilt with the brilliant colors and the black and white contrast is very nice. I am glad baby Connor is doing well!
What a sweet picture with Connor! Glad to hear that he is doing well.
Thanks for the up-date on Conner - he has a cute nose. My niece had twin girls weighing about 3lb each and in hospital for 3 months - they are now over 3 years old :)
Your new set up looks good. What a lovely photo of Connor;; it certainly sounds like he is making good progress.
It looks like your quilting set-up is easy to use and well thought out. Lots of light too!
Connor looks so tiny! I'm so glad to hear that he is improving.
Post a Comment