Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Studio Notes




After sharing Just Wing It 
when I taught the liberated birds class,
I hung the quilt in my sewing studio.




I also re-covered my ironing table.

(the stripe did NOT work with the quilt)




I really like this new combination!




It was also time to finish
my giant sample bird.

(four times the usual size,
her block here measures about 32" square)




This Phillip Jacobs floral
will become the back.




Eleanor 
(Nellie for short)
now has her inner and outer borders.




I was delighted when I found
the last of the batik border fabric -
it plays so well with Nellie's wing.




I am also tickled at how well
the borders suit Nellie's fun legs.




And just in case there haven't been
enough birds in this post . . .
this young robin was
taking a rest on our windowsill.



Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely a winner of of a combination, both Just Wing It and your new ironing table cover, and your beautiful oversized bird with the wonderful backing fabric.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The birds are so much fun! I agree about the stripes, they are beautiful but don't let the birds shine.

The Joyful Quilter said...

A giant bird block? Oh, my!! That's something I never expected.

Sharon said...

Love your BIG birdie! She's a beauty. And I love those striped legs!

Gina said...

Love Nellie's legs

Janie said...

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing. As I've said before I love your way with color, you understand it.

Raewyn said...

(Apologies if this comment shows up twice!) I think your quilt looks great there in your studio - and I just love the Big Bird version too!

Kaja said...

I can't tell you how much it pleases me that you have recovered your ironing board to fit well with your quilt!