Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Yellow Quilt - a Finish



The Yellow Quilt 

51" wide x 62" long

Quilted by Debbie Voigt
(Popcorn panto, Glide thread in Sand)




No other name ever presented itself for this one, 
so The Yellow Quilt it shall be.

Since these photos were taken,
the quilt has been laundered.

It is now buttery soft and perfect for the recliner.




You can read more about how this quilt came to be by clicking HERE.




. . . and the backing fabric makes this now-finished quilt beyond wonderful!




Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your yellow quilt and the border fabric is perfect. I love the backing fabric too. Yellow is my favorite color and I have made 2 yellow quilts too. Maybe I'll make a third one...........

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love love love the border fabric! I've tried in the past to make a 'yellow' quilt, but it just didn't work! Feel inspired to give it another go now!

Sheila said...

I love your quilt! Backing choice, too. I remember you working on this one. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful sunny yellow fabrics and I remember falling in love with the backing when you first showed your fabric selection -still love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. LOVE the sunny yellow and happy to see that there's even a bit of GREEN for the RSC!!

Lara B. said...

What a cheerful and welcoming quilt! Love all those scrappy yellows and the backing is complete perfection Julie!

Kaja said...

You have some of my favourite fabrics in this - love the happy, sunny vibe.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A name suggestion for this one: "Buttered Popcorn". It looks fabulous, by the way! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pretty!!!