Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What Stirs Your Soul?





I took this photo last summer
less than 1/2 mile from our house.

This quirky little outbuilding
has been around since we
moved to the area in 1989.

It was waaaaaay past time 
to pull off on the side of the road
and take a proper photograph. 



Photo will supersize if double clicked


On the way home 
after my hair cut Tuesday afternoon
I drove by and saw this.

I quickly made a U-turn
and stopped to take another photo.


* * * 

Author unknown

If you've been meaning to stop at the side of the road
and take a photo of something that stirs your soul,
TODAY is the day to make that happen.



Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

diane said...

Love the old building pictures and the fact that it looks like someone is taking it down and not just destructing it with a crane. Old buildings need respect sometimes!! Just my opinion. I have been know to stop and take pic of buildings such as that just because they are there.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, yes! I took a picture of a water tower in St Louis. Less than a month later, it's been covered in graffiti. I'm so glad I finally took the picture when I did.

Janie said...

I take photos of old farm houses, with a few old barns mixed in, I started that about 16 yr.s ago. Treasures.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great post, I'm going to do that today!