Monday, February 8, 2016

Six New Scrappy QOV Projects



This was the first 12.5" test block . . .




This was the second 12.5" test block . . .




Target goal is 35 scrappy 12.5" string blocks.

I haven't decided on the layout yet,
but when it is finished, this quilt top 
will go to Quilts of Valor.




This is another stash-based project 
that is waiting in the wings.

The scrappy brights-on-black squares will join
with the scrappy black-on-white squares 
to become 8.5" or 9" square HSTs.

Once they're all sewn together,
I will decide on a layout.




The dark/light squares are all cut out for this project.

You can see the pattern's photo from Sujata's book
in the upper right hand corner.

(the blues in the lower left corner may become the backing)




I'll be using the Sunday Morning pattern 
from the book of the same name
to create this scrappy stash-based quilt.

Each square will feature the brights-on-black 
paisley strip along the left edge.




These light/dark strips will eventually
become my fourth freeform Rail Fence quilt.

(design from Sujata's book linked above)




And this scrappy string quilt is being stitched together
using the alternate version of Wind Farm

The stash of long strings has been cut into shorter lengths
and I've been stitching a block or two for this in between other projects.

 * * *

My goal is to have all six of these tops sewn together
and sent off to Alycia before year's end so
other QOV volunteers can add the long arm quilting, 
binding, labeling, and presentation cases.

One stitch at a time . . .


* * *

Linking this post with


and



Quiltdivajulie

11 comments:

Mari said...

SIX new projects? Go big or go home, right? I love the test blocks. They're going to make a fabulous quilt. The other fabrics look great, too. I especially love the leaf fabric in your 4th picture. Sure to be a cheerful quilt! Have a great day!

gayle said...

Oh, my goodness, what a lot of pretty is happening at your house! I can't wait to see the results of all this color and motion. 8)

Marti said...

So many great projects! I love how the black and white really sets off the red and blue in the first one. Great QOV colors.

Judy in Michigan said...

Oh my goodness, you have BIG plans!!! But, you will get them all done, I have no doubts. You are the queen!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Wonderful projects. Love how you are using your scraps, all for such a good cause. I know they will be loved and appreciated.

Jennie in GA said...

I am in awe of not only your wonderful projects, but also your organization!!! QOV will be blessed.

Julie in GA said...

That is going to be a fabulous collection of Quilts of Valor! I look forward to following your progress.

Mystic Quilter said...

I wish I had an ounce of your organisational skills Julie! You have wonderful projects to work on here, don't forget to show us when they are ready,

Kaja said...

Blimey - you are so organised; I guess that's how you get so much done. I look forward to seeing these as they are done. (As an aside, I wish I had your stash of black and white fabrics!)

Mary Ellen said...

Wow. Ambitious. What is the saying? If you want something done, ask a busy person? I feel like a sloth right now. In a bit of a slump.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! Those are all going to be great!!! I love that string one!!