Friday, December 18, 2015

Moments in Time (Blocks 42-48)


Block 42


This circle comes from an all-time favorite fabric
in honor of the hand-blown paperweights
I fondled at a local art gallery this week.


Block 43


This black-and-white print
reminds me of an op-art Christmas ornament
displayed on a contemporary-designs tree at the art gallery.


Block 44


This circle from an Australian print 
reminds me of another of the stylized 
Christmas ornaments at the art gallery.


Block 45


A circle from my Sam-I-Am fabric HAD to be included.


Block 46


This circle was cut from thrifted shirting scraps
shared with me by my friend Cherie.


Block 47


This paisley reminded me of a lyric fragment
from a carol heard this week.

. . . When the snow lay round about
Deep and crisp and even . . .


Block 48


And this circle was cut from fabric used 
and on the back of my Christmas Tree quilt.


* * *

There's a link in my sidebar for Quilty 365
if you'd like to know more about this circular project.


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

smazoochie said...

Especially mad for the patchy plaid one!

gayle said...

I always enjoy seeing your circles and hearing their stories. (And yes, Sam-I-am HAD to be in there!)

em's scrapbag said...

Another group of great circles. Love Sam I Am! And the green one reminds me of Yoda. :) After all Star Wars did just come out.

Janie said...

Great variety and contrast, thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this group of circles especially number 46 from shirting scraps - very effective.