Monday, November 9, 2015

RSC Quilts at the Show



Over the weekend,
eight of my quilts were at the annual
Davies Manor Quilt and Fiber Arts Show.




Fruit Loops
hung against the backs of
RESPECT and The Eclectic Goose.




Inside the frame, from left to right,
The Eclectic Goose
RESPECT and
To Have and To Hold
with the left edge of
Umbrellas Unfurled.




Turning to the right,
Umbrellas Unfurled
No Ugly Flowers
(back side of Arrowheads)
and Happy Happy Joy Joy.




Arrowheads hung against the backs
of HHJJ and No Ugly Flowers.

If I hang Arrowheads at home,
I think I'll hang it this way.
(landscape vs. portrait orientation)





In addition to this sign up sheet,
we had information flyers
for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.




There were more quilts this year 
and fewer vendors.

The new lights also made
a BIG difference. 

(the older/antique quilts 
were on display at the Manor House
and a couple of the cabins)

* * *

Thank you 
to the dedicated volunteers who 
organize and stage this annual event.

It is so much fun to see what others are doing
and connect with other local quilt makers.


Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

Millie said...

I love that you were able to see the BACKS of your quilts. And isn't is fun to see something in a new way. Arrowheads is fabulous hung in a landscape orientation. I love it that way a lot more than I did the other way.

Brenda said...

Great to see them all together. Hope your class goes well!

Sujata Shah said...

Congratulations Julie! How exciting to see your body of work hanging from a far in a show! You backs are as exciting as the front! They also create a 'side-drop' so each quilt gets the spotlight.

Sue said...

Very impressive. The depth of your colors is very striking. I also like the 'layers' created by juxtaposition of fronts and backs.

Magpie Sue said...

I bet your corner was the most colorful in the show! What fun. :-)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! That had to be impressive seeing them all hanging together! I want to sign up for your class!

scraphappy said...

WOW! So exciting.

PaulaB quilts said...

You must have won Most Best of Show for your collection. A very well hung show and good lighting. I hung a few myself and it is a challenge. You outdid yourself with all the color.

Nann said...

What a wonderful display! Thanks for sharing the many ways to interpret RSC.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wish I could have seen this display in real time! Looks wonderful Julie - you must be thrilled.