Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Another Squirrel ...




Here's how my latest squirrel project came to be . . .

* * *

I've been happily watching Julie K's circle project 
evolve during the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I love it.




is popping up on lots and lots of blogs.

MORE circles . . .

* * *

It has been a while since I've had a 
planned-to-be long term project . . .




During 2007 I created a journal quilt each month.




In 2008 I finished this long term project.




I've been thinking about 
another journal-type project 
for quite a while now . . .




I don't need another huge quilt,
so I'm going to target six months
(instead of a full year)
to work on this . . .

And, instead of a pale background, 
I've already cut nearly 200 squares 
from the overflowing blue resource box.

* * *

My favorite red drinking glass is 
just the right size for a circle template . . .
and so is my favorite quilty pin/button.


From the move Up! 


This brand-new project already has a name.

I'm calling it

Moments in Time


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Brenda said...

looks intriguing. I'm trying to stop myself from jumping in too!

Nancy said...

Lots of options! I love journal projects, and circles, and scraps.... Well we're in the same boat. I love your Fan quilt from '08.

Mystic Quilter said...

I got the button on my sidebar a couple of days ago, seen a few of my usual blogs taking part, great idea. Hopefully have time to do something today before hospital visit.

smazoochie said...

I am trying to blinder myself to Audrey's squirrel. I fear if I see lots of pretty circle blocks, I will not be able to resist. :-}

gayle said...

Big big squirrel. Great towering squirrel.
Fun circles to make...
Teetering...