Monday, November 2, 2015

Odds and Ends




Do you remember When Ideas Collide?

The quilt top/back have been donated to 
Margaret's Hope Chest for their A Mother's Hope program.

What you see in the photo above is the remainder
of that very long strip of stitched-together log cabin logs.

Just enough to create two scrappy journal covers!




Elsewhere in the studio,
the boxes of strings have exploded --
which means that it is time for an intervention.

I have started trimming them 
to a uniform 1.5" width
with the long term goal of making . . . 

V2

It might take a year or so,
but that's okay.

At least there is a plan in place.




And, when there are too many yellows/golds to fit on the shelf,
guess what time it is . . .

Time to make a yellow quilt!

Stay tuned.


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I have every one of those yellow fabrics! Great minds and all that.

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh! I love that bottom fabric pull!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have a couple of boxes that could easily become several Dumpster Diving Quilts! Yes, I should say, they NEED to become Dumpster Divers! LOL

Kaja said...

I have been cutting strips too - makes me feel better about the scrap mess! I love your yellow pull; I seem to be drawn to yellow at the moment and this is one of the nicest groups of fabric I have seen.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I love yellow and your,I presume, focus fabric is luscious!

gayle said...

Woohoo! I'm ready to watch the next quilt grow!