Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Happy Joy Joy (the quilt)



Happy Happy Joy Joy
is finished!!

Quilted by Lynn  Harris

Lynn took this photo of the freshly-quilted quilt
on the wall of her fabulous barn.




This is the back of the quilt . . .




And this is a detail of the quilt's front / binding / backing.




The blocks were created during RSC 2014
using the X Marks the Block tutorial
by Teresa Rawson.

(permanent link in my sidebar)





The finished quilt measures 50" x 70"




Took the quilt to the Japanese Garden behind our City Hall
for an outdoor photo shoot.

Late afternoon sunshine . . . 




I love this quilt!

* * *

For those in the greater Memphis area,
sll six of my RSC 14 quilts will be on display
next weekend at the Davies Manor Quilt and Fiber Arts Show.
(Nov. 6-7-8)


* * *

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday-
CLICK HERE to see what the others are working on.

Also liking up with Oh, Scrap! at  
Quilting is More Fun Than Housework on Sunday.
CLICK HERE for even more links to scrappy projects.

Now I'm off to get over an annoying head/chest cold . . .



Quiltdivajulie

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh, fantastic! the sublte B&W are the perfect frame for the vivid colors!

Judy in Michigan said...

Amazing how the color just glow like sunshine coming in through a stain glass window!! Bravo!!

Marly said...

I love the effect you've created by using black and white fabrics inside the blocks. It's really restful, and yet still striking. I followed your link to the original pattern, and shall be making it sometime too.

Grandma said...

Beautiful!

Katie Z. said...

Fantastic!

Brenda said...

Fabulous!

gayle said...

Well, I wish I was in Memphis - I'd love to go see all your pretty rainbows in person!
I really love how you set off colors with blacks and whites. So inspiring!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this one too! That will be a great display to see 6 of them together at one show.

EYSchmitt said...

Striking quilt! What is that wonderful backing with the months of the year writ large called and where might I find it? Thanks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Backing comes from this line of fabrics:
Windham Fabrics - Ampersand Design Studio - 8 Days a Week

Magpie Sue said...

I love that backing print too; I don't remember seeing it before (which probably just means I wasn't paying attention). This quilt is luminous - just wonderful!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. The cold we've had here hasn't been long lasting, thank goodness.

PaulaB quilts said...

This quilt is a real jewel that just glows. And the backing is great, too. I've loved it ver since you first showed it. Have a wonderful show!

Gina said...

Stunning and I adore the back. Have a great show xx

Kate said...

Gorgeous! It looks so much like a stained glass window. Love that colored stripe down the back, it's perfect. Congrats on the finish.

Lynette said...

Wow!! Fantastic!! I love the effect of the white & black prints between the color "bars". LOVE that back, too. This is one of those that hollers at me: "You know you want to make me!" ;D

Angie said...

Happy Happy Joy Joy just glows!

Nell's Quilts said...

The quilt is beautiful and I love the name. It sure feels that way when you see it. The backing is so much fun and the binding really compliments the quilt. Great job!

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Love! Julie, this is a beauty...and the back! I love everything about it!

Susan said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love the backing too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loooove!!! The brights are so like jewels!!!!

scraphappy said...

Having all of your RSC quilts on display! That sounds exciting. Another lovely rainbow finish. Beautiful!!

Cathy said...

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy is right! That's what everyone will be shouting after they leave Davies Manor. What fun to have a bunch of RSC quilts on display. Love the quilt. Love the photo shoot.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a FUN quilt!! I especially like the added touch of color on the back. Congrats! on your newly finished quilt... I've been WAITING for this one!!

dianneo said...

It came out great! Adore the backing! I'm making a version of this quilt. I love it so far. I absolutely love the block. It's so versatile for someone like me who loves to make scrappy quilts. This is my third or fourth time making it.

Sheila said...

I love this quilt front and back. Congratulations for a beautiful finish.