Monday, October 5, 2015

Update on the Squirrels - Part 1




Last week I shared  one of my squirrel adventures.

(click here if you missed it)

Introducing . . .

When Ideas Collide

Approximately 40" wide x 52" long

(The 48-block panel was bordered with
just over 800 inches of batik logs 
from that v-e-r-r-r-y long strip set)




I created top and bottom borders with 5 rows
of stitched together batik logs.

The sides borders are 4 batik logs wide.




The narrow stop border features the same print
I'll eventually use on the back of Just Wing It,
but in the dove gray color way.




It looks even better when crumpled.




I pieced the back using 2 yards of the pink floral
plus a bit of blue to make the back wide enough.

* * *

Stop by again on Wednesday
to see what happened to the rest of that
scrappy goodness on my design wall.




Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Elaine M said...

Love it. It glows.

Lynette said...

Hey! Nice border play on this one!

Brenda said...

Great idea! i love it when ideas collide!

Paulette said...

Love this!

Barb said...

Love your scrappy!!

Kaja said...

I love how this has worked out. I especially like the little hits of deeper brown/yellow in amongst the pastels and the narrow stop border. Just lovely.

gayle said...

That's the prettiest squirrel I ever saw!
Love how you turned the border corners.

Mystic Quilter said...

Gloriously scrappy and a wonderful way to use up those left overs - I love the soft colours!