Saturday, October 3, 2015

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (the quilt)

all photos will supersize for greater detail


Today I'm sharing my third fourth 2014 RSC project finish -
my scrappy snowballs + black and white nine patches.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T 
measures 56" wide x 68" long

(click here to read about the quilt's back story and name)


Love that striped binding  . . . 

It was overcast and breezy when I was outdoors taking photos.




Side view with the quilt flat on the driveway.





Side view of the scrappy back . . .




Fabulously free motion quilted by Chris Ballard




I love the whimsical variety in the snowballs -
Chris said she had a lot of fun stitching the different designs.




Yes!


* * *

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge

CLICK HERE to see how the others are beginning
this new month of brown scrappiness. 



Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------------

p.s.  A huge thank you to all those who commented on my Splash of Color book blog hop post earlier in the week.  A winner's name has been drawn - Congratulations to Farm Quilter!!

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

You really are on a roll with finishing up. Congratulations on another great rainbow quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish....I am off to read the back story now! :)

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Nell's Quilts said...

Another great finish. Love the scrappy snowballs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on another lovely finish. And... WHERE is HHJJ??? :P

PaulaB quilts said...

The best word for the quilt is FASCINATING! It is endlessly interesting and the quilting is as well. Great job.

Paulette said...

Fabulous! I love the scrappy pieced snowballs and the quilting Chris did in each one!

LA Paylor said...

wow what an accomplishment... I dream of finishing one of my RSC quilts! LeeAnna

Dasha said...

Brilliant finish! I absolutely adore it.

Gina said...

Stunning, as always. The quilting by Chris is so fun

Angie said...

Great finish, Julie! The colors really sparkle! I love it when simple blocks turn into stunning quilts.

gayle said...

Your RSC quilts are so inspiring! I love this one, too! You have such fun with color!

Sally Trude said...

Love the interleaving of the lights and darks for the rainbow. Very inspiring finish.

Quilting Stories said...

Stunning and unusual quilt, congrats!

Cathy said...

Fun quilt...fun quilting...fun use for scraps...fun, fun, fun!

Sheila said...

Another awesome quilt! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Binding really pulls it all together! Great quilt!!!