Friday, September 25, 2015

The Eclectic Goose (the quilt)



The Eclectic Goose

54" wide x 72" long

This is the third of my six RSC 2014 quilts to be finished.

WOOT!




Inspiration for my quilt came from the River Trees pattern.
(December 2011 issue of The Quilt Life)




 I had made binding for this one while it was away being quilted,
but when it came home, that binding was all wrong.

So I  made new binding using a long-stashed beloved blue.




And this scrappy back just makes my heart sing.




Quilted by Chris Ballard

She chose the Seabirds panto and I love the results.




So much scrappy goodness . . .


* * *

Over the weekend I'll link this post with 
where September's color has been ORANGE.


Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
p.s.  Many thanks for the birthday wishes.  It's been a good week, including an unplanned overnight out of town, with a family pottery painting party/dinner this weekend.

17 comments:

smazoochie said...

If I could only make one block for the rest of my life, it would be flying geese.
This one of yours is a beauty!

Mari said...

Another beauty, Julie. You have done a lot of binding lately! This looks just wonderful, and hurray for finishing an RSC project! Enjoy the weekend (more binding?)

Vicki W said...

This is one of my all time favorites of your quilts!

em's scrapbag said...

Love this scrappy finish!!!!

Lara B. said...

The Eclectic Goose is perfectly named! What a fabulous quilt Julie! I love those colorful, scrappy geese riding the blue air stream through the low volume background.

Mystic Quilter said...

Another beauty from you! I love the blue Uzbekistan on the back top left, I have this as the backing on my Northern Lights.

Barb said...

Very striking!!

scraphappy said...

Fantastic finish. The blue binding is just right.

Kate said...

Congrats on a bright and fun finish.

Sheila said...

It's absolutely beautiful! Front and back. The binding is perfect.

Cathy said...

Awesome finish! That's my kind of eclectic! How fun to see a book on your sidebar!

Edith said...

Julie, I just love this quilt and the backing is awesome. Nice job!

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt. You found the perfect fabrics for the backing. Enjoy the quilt.

PaulaB quilts said...

The geese are a real standout against the black and white prints. The house blocks would be lots of fun also.

LynneP said...

Happy Belated Birthday! May this year bring much laughter, love and good health!

gayle said...

I love all your quilts, and this one is especially happy. I love the way you make color dance and sing!

Magpie Sue said...

Another winner! You've got me considering geese for next year's RSC. ;- )