Monday, September 21, 2015

Blue Skies (the quilt)


photo will supersize if double-clicked


This is my birthday week,
and I think it is 
pretty darn awesome that 
is this week's featured quilt in the
2015 AQS Engagement Calendar.

* * *

And, because I love those scrappy sky blues SO much,
earlier this year I made myself a quilt with the leftovers.




Here is the quilt's back, sunbathing on the fence.




Blue Skies
featuring
free motion swirls quilted by Chris Ballard





I LOVE THIS QUILT!

LOVE . . . 

LOVE . . . 

LOVE . . . 




So, if you don't hear from me,
I'll be out here on the porch
with my mug of tea and my happy, scrappy quilt.


Quiltdivajulie

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Congratulations!! You go girl!
And I LOVE your Blue Skies quilt! You should never let this one go.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Julie! How appropriate that YOUR quilt is shown in the calendar on your birthday week. Love that Blue Skies quilt, too.

sophie said...

Happy Birthday! Love the scrappy blue skies quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday!! That is really special that your quilt ended up on your birthday week!!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!! Your quilts bring me such happiness - they are always so bright and happy and frugal. You are a wonder!! Enjoy your day and your recognition in the calendar.

Mari said...

Happy birthday! Mine's Wednesday, what day is yours? Have enough fun for both us, wrapped up in that beautiful quilt!

Ann said...

Happy birthday, Julie. Getting your quilt back is a wonderful present.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy Birthday Julie!! Beautiful blue quilt - not surprised you love it, and what a perfect spot to sit and snuggle on the porch.

Mary Ellen said...

Alternate name for quilt: "When Pigs Fly." :-)

Marei said...

Happy Birthday (week) Julie. I hope it's a wonderful week filled with love.

Darling Millie said...

It is so seriously cool that AQS put your quilt in your birthday week on the calendar. It is THE coolest thing.

Magpie Sue said...

Ditto to what Darling Millie said. ditto, ditto, ditto! And happy birthday by the way!

Carol E. said...

FUN! Your quilt shows up on your birthday week. Was that just a happy accident? My birthday is Saturday! when is yours? (I love your quilt, too. BLUE is my go-to color, even though it doesn't match anything in my house. Who cares??)

Lara B. said...

Blue skies is beautiful and Rock City is Wow! So Cool!
Happy birthday and congratulations on having your quilt in the calendar! So fun how it appears during your birthday week.

Quilter Kathy said...

Well you just snuggle away there in that beautiful quilt!
Happy Birthday... enjoy every minute of birthday week and quilty cuddles!