Saturday, July 4, 2015

Scrappy Saturday - Rustic Strings (the quilt)




Introducing . . . 

Rustic Strings

Approx. 43" wide x 51" long




It started with this . . .

(each of these fabrics holds special meaning for me,
but that's a story for another day)




And turned into this!





When I had the quilt outdoors to take photos,
I couldn't help but notice the parallels between
the quilt's center strings and our Electric Lime coleus plants . . .





I pleased to say that I also quilted this one myself
and finished the binding by hand.




I mostly followed the long zig zag lines of the strings,
extending the angles out into the borders.

The red border fabric makes it a little hard to see . . .




You can actually see the stitching texture better on the back of the quilt.

(photos will supersize)




Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!


* * *


Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see what the others are doing with this month's color.

(RED)

16 comments:

scraphappy said...

So much fun to see a pile of scrap spaghetti turn into a fabulous quilt. Love the quilting.

Angie said...

Great finish - I love everything about it! The lime green really makes everything pop!

Nell's Quilts said...

That electric green zig zag and red border really make the quilt sing. Lovely.

gayle said...

Love those 'before' and 'after' shots!
Gorgeous quilt - all that color makes me smile!

LA Paylor said...

terrific! I love the backing fabric. It's such a happy surprise to see the back when you open a quilt. LeeAnna

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely, cheerful quilt! Looking forward to hearing your quilt's story.

Gina said...

Reminds me of a tropical garden. Lovely

Sheila said...

I Love Your Colorful String Quilt! Beautiful backing print.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh this is lovely, I love the acid green in the central strips, a real happy looking quilt.

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Special bits are the best bits!

Ann said...

Another great string quilt. I love your bright green center stripes.

Paulette said...

Beautiful! Loving that lime stripe!

Jennifer said...

looks great! I love how the extra special meaning of the fabrics adds another layer of meaning to the quilts. I do, that, too. I like seeing the fabrics sew by, and it brings back the happy memories...

Deb A said...

What a great quilt! The lime just jumps out and give is some pizzaz! Love it.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful quilt.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh Julie, I really like this one! Kudos on being able to quilt and bind it yourself!