Friday, March 6, 2015

Tagged - Post 5 - Liberated Letter Quilts

Large panel created for Tonya's get well quilt - 2009

Today's quilts feature some of my free pieced / liberated letters.

My free pieced adventures started when I discovered Tonya's blog.
(she doesn't blog any more, but she's active on Facebook)


Before scrolling down, 
please take time to click on the following link:
THIS POST explains SO much!



And Sometimes Y 
2007

These are my first ever free pieced letters.

Semi-finalist, AQS Nashville 2008
Published in AQS Engagement Calendar 2010
Published in Tonya's Word Play Quilts, 2010

This joyful quilt now hangs above my desk here at home.



Alpha Palooza
2011

Created during Lynne Tyler's Red Letter Challenge,
this was my first serious work with lower case letters.

You can read more about the quilt HERE.


61" x 86"

The Flying Monkeys 
2008

This was a watershed quilt for me.

It was also a major turning point for my long arm quilting friend Chris.

You can read more about it by clicking HERE.

* * *

To see more of my liberated letter quilts,
please click the permanent link /tab at the top of the page

* * *


I truly am happiest as an eclectic, scrappy, liberated quilt maker!





Quiltdivajulie

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Well Julie I really do not know where to start here!! These letter quilts are just stunning and your vibrant colours are just what I love to see.