Monday, February 23, 2015

Leaf Peeping - The Quilt


Leaf Peeping 
is finished!

(back story HERE)


Quilted by Chris Ballard


(illuminated in these photos by cold winter sunshine
reflecting off frozen icy slush)




I used leftover 1.5" strips of KF shirt stripes fabric
to piece the binding strips.

Not sure I would want to make a habit of this,
but it did work!




Chris used my much-loved Waterworld panto
and a warm golden thread.




I'm sure the daffodils will also be glad to see 
our unusual layer of frozen precipitation melt away!




In the meantime, 
I couldn't resist the icy backdrop
for this photo shoot.

(yes, our dormant grass really is khaki color this time of year)

And yes, even though I took these photos late last week,
our ground is once again coated with the icy covering this morning.




I love the texture . . . 

the colors . . . 

the design . . . 

and the scrappiness . . .


Bottom line?

I just LOVE the whole quilt!!



Quiltdivajulie

14 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I LOVE the whole quilt too!!!!

Paulette said...

Gorgeous, Julie!

Nifty Quilts said...

Gorgeous! Love the graphic design with the softer batiks.

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Love it! And, at least you can see your grass..... :)

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Love it! And, at least you can see your grass..... :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks like it's unanimous - we al LOVE Leaf Peeping!!
What glorious shots on the snow.

Ann said...

Oh, yes. Glorious colors. And I love the narrow outer border. It's not much wider than the binding. Together they simply glow. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Millie said...

You can send it up here and I'll take a picture of it on the snow for you!!! And like Valerie says, at least you can see your grass....

Millie said...

And I forgot to tell you I love the quilt too.

Magpie Sue said...

What a fabulous finish! There's no better way to warm a cold day than with a newly finished quilt!

Cathy said...

Excellent finish.
Lovely color scheme too.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, Leaf Peeping is wonderful! I thought about this quilt last night....the sashing might lend itself well to my RSC challenge quilt. I'm going to sew up a couple of sashing strips of alternating white w/black and black w/white prints to see what it does. Your quilt really is stunning.

Shelina said...

Me too! Love this quilt. So vibrant against the snow!