Ta-Da!
Leaf Peeping
The flimsy measures 56" wide x 68" long.
I love it!
(the flimsy's backstory links are HERE)
Vintage quilt inspiration . . .
My scrappy interpretation . . .
More vintage inspiration . . .
A different perspective on my interpretation.
I joined all those 1.25" red strips end to end,
and used them without considering where the seams fell.
See the joint on the left side of the cornerstone?
I had used the same approach with the long skinny darks.
You can see two joining seams above -
one in each segment adjacent to the cornerstone.
* * *
And then I took the flimsy outdoors . . .
Late October late afternoon sunshine.
(with a breeze that helpfully scattered some oak leaves for me)
Backing tucked under one corner.
* * *
I LOVE SCRAPPY QUILTS!
* * *
Linking up with the Choose Your Own Block-Along at Live a Colorful Life.
Hope you'll go see what the others are working on . . .
Quiltdivajulie
p.s. I'll be back on Thursday with what I hope will be another flimsy!
10 comments:
Scrappy quilts are the best !
You created such a great riot of colour .
Scrumptious looking quilt Julie, I love the richness in this.
It's fantastic! You really have a talent for making scrappy quilts sing!
That quilt turned out SO pretty and definitely has the flavor of the inspiration quilt. Scrappy quilts are the best!
Wonderfully scrappy and gorgeous quilt, Julie! Great interpretation of the vintage quilt, but made totally YOU.
Julie, I just love this one! You use your Kaffe's in wonderful ways and they help your quilts sparkle.
WOW...a flimsy already? And WOW...that's stunning. I like the color scheme. Oh, and I love scrappy too. Oh, and I love that you were inspired by an antique quilt and then acted on that inspiration. Oh, and I love the name too.
Love your inspiration quilt and your rendition. Looks like you're getting lots of creative time these days. Yea!
I mean this is beautiful--totally awesome! Great flimsy!! hugs, Julierose
Beautiful!
Post a Comment