| Mandala (2004) |
This little quilt is as close as I've come to a Drunkard's Path ("DP") quilt.
(created using leftover blues and greens from this quilt.)
I really don't need another project, but I'm going to play along with
Vicki's Crossing the Drunkard's Path quilt-along this fall anyway . . .
There's a permanent link in my side bar
for the quilt-along's initial post.
This is my planned group of fabrics
and my 3.5" and 7" Accuquilt DP dies.
I purchased a Curve Master foot and adapter
at the Paducah show earlier this year
and I wanted to be sure I knew how to USE it,
so I decided to make a few test blocks . . .
I cut 2 layers of green and 2 layers of black and white
for each of the two dies.
That gave me 8 large blocks and 8 small blocks.
I DO like the Curve Master foot -
I pieced these WITHOUT PINS!!
Interesting to see it is turned in the opposite direction . . .
Maybe by next week, I'll have decided on a layout.
We'll see!
* * *
Linking up with the others wandering along the DP trail HERE.
* * *
P.S. Item for Sale
OOPS! I own TWO Accuquilt Half-Square 3" Finished Triangle dies (No. 55009, aka Block "E").
Accuquilt sells the die for $29.99 plus shipping.
I am offering this new, unused Go/Go Baby die for $20.00 plus $5.00 USPS domestic Priority Mail shipping ($25.00 - PayPal preferred).
If you are interested, leave me a comment that includes a way to contact you or e-mail me at julie AT sefton DOT info.
Thanks!
Quiltdivajulie

11 comments:
Oh that's going to be so cool!
I hadn't heard of curvemaster foot before. Is that a Bernina thing?
I had to look up the Curve Master to see what it was all about. I'm using Jenny Pedigo's ruler and she does 'fluffs' her quilt pieces - something like the 'lift and separate'. I'm using a few pins. :-) Nice pattern and fabric you have decided on.
I love your blocks in the two sizes - and I must look into he curve master foot as I have not head of this before.
I really like the effect you're getting with the two sizes of blocks and those colours.
loving these so far! can't wait to see more
great fabric choices, as usual! off to check out the quilt a long. I happen to like DP quilts!
Kathie
ps do you use your go cutter a lot????
Oh...I really like the green and black!
Your color palette is gorgeous. Love the DP featured in the top photo too. That curved foot sounds like a real time saver, and no pinning seems too good to be true!
Oh, I like the different sizes in your DP and I like the colors. I was thinking about joining in. A DP has been on my list for awhile. I don't have any type of fabric cutter or a curve master foot so I guess I'll have to use a pattern, cut with scissors and use pins!
It's great!
Post a Comment