Friday, July 4, 2014

Tickled Pink - The Quilt




Tickled Pink is finished!

It measures 53" x 68"

Quilting by Teresa Pino of Quilts2aT.
(look for her on Facebook)

Teresa used Jessie's Swirls panto,
"Petal" cotton thread, and
Quilter's Dream 70/30 batting.




The scrappy tumblers were cut last Christmas using my new die cutter.

The top was finished by the end of January,
and it's been back from being quilted for nearly two months.

Now it is DONE!




The backing fabric came from my stash, as did the scrappy pink binding.




I love pink and have used it in lots of quilts,
but I've never indulged myself in a seriously pink quilt - until now.





I love it!

* * *

Here's to a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend!


Quiltdivajulie

p.s.  This is my 1,500th post . . .  the very first one was shared on July 8, 2007.

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a delicious looking tumbler quilt julie - I love it!!

Mystic Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Marcotte said...

A customer commissioned an all-pink quilt from me last year. I was worried that it would look like the inside of a bottle of Pepto, but it turned out beautifully. I really like that you have the neutrals to soften the pink even more. And tumblers, well, they are always fun!

Brenda said...

congrats on your milestone post! I'm always eager to read what you're up to.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love pink too! Maybe I need to take your lead and treat myself.

After readying your post I just realized today is my 7 year blogiversary! I didn't know you started blogging within days of my start.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

What a bright and sweet quilt!

Sujata Shah said...

I love that tumbler quilt! Great pictures on the fence too!
Those place-mats are pretty in the making.

Magpie Sue said...

Happy, happy, happy!