Monday, July 28, 2014

Open Ended - The Quilt




Created during Vicki's Fractured Quilt Along last fall


is now finished!




The finished scrappy quilt measures 46" x 60"




Quilted by Chris Ballard
(Harbour Wave panto, Dolphin thread)





The back is very "loud" 
(as in very bright)
but it suits the colors of the front perfectly.




I love the movement and texture . . .


NOTE ADDED LATER:

Design inspired by the Red Centre pattern found in


Quiltdivajulie

16 comments:

antique quilter said...

beautiful I love this layout. I really like the block and have made a few quilts using this block. I love making one patch quilts, this one is just fun. I have a lot of Kaffe scraps I may just have to whip another quilt up using this block again too! Thanks for sharing. Kathie

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks so good!

Anita in Florida said...

Your quilt is really beautiful!!! Love the backing too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Simply wonderful in every sense!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is just terrific!

Cherie in St Louis said...

The quilting on this quilt really fits....I love it. Chris always does such great things with your quilts. That backing does fit the quilt...it's like a secret "wow" on the back ;-)

Lynette said...

What a perfect backing fabric! I'm in love with everything about this quilt. :D

quiltmom anna said...

Love this quilt- you do such fabulous work- I haven't been doing much blogging lately but when I saw your name on Facebook- I had to come and look at what you had been doing. Great post- thanks for sharing your inspiration.
Regards,
Anna

Pattilou said...

This is such a fun quilt and the backing is perfect for it!

Millie said...

Wonderful quilt, and as for the "loud" fabric... well. Sorta!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Elaine said...

This is just beautiful. I made a "Purple Maze" in a queen size out of the fractured pattern using scrappy purples and greens. Love the brights with the neutrals that you do so well!

Gina said...

Love the quilt. The layout is great. xx

Paulette said...

Love, love, love this! Did you notice the center kind of looks like a sewing machine, especially when oriented like the last photo. Very cool!

Unknown said...

Love this Beautiful Quilt!!
Is this pattern available?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sharon - you are a Google+ no-reply blogger, so I cannot answer you directly -- instead, I've added my inspiration information at the bottom of the post including a link to the book used during Vicki's Fractured Quilt Along.

imquilternity said...

Wow... it's truly gorgeous! I love all the colorful and fun fabrics you used. Congratulations on getting it done.