Monday, April 21, 2014

No. 36



Over the weekend,
younger son spent some time
sorting through my string boxes.

He chose these pieces for his customized journal cover.




Here's a flat view of the outside.




And this is a view of the inside.

Counting this as Number 36 for my 101 Scrappy/Stash Projects.

* * *

We also spent a lot of time working in the yard.

ALL of the flower pots in the back yard 
have fresh potting soil AND plants!

(DH and younger son did the heavy lifting.
 I chose colors / varieties and did the planting.)

White gerber daisies, 
caladiums, 
dracaena spikes and purple feather grasses, 
a couple of sun-patiens,
a flat of white begonias,
and 3 candy corn plants.



Also known as a firecracker vine,
these will be trained onto the teepee trellis
beneath the big oak trees.

These vines are supposed to be great for 
attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.

WOOT!


Quiltdivajulie

1 comment:

Magpie Sue said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen a candy corn plant. Might have to look into that... Wish I could get my husband and son to dedicate some time to sprucing up our backyard! The lawn gets mowed but beyond that they're not much for gardening or outside projects. {sigh}