Monday, January 13, 2014

Tea Towel Challenge - January Update



January's challenge is to pull fabrics
to use with our tea towel.

Check!

And ALL from the stash.
(my personal challenge)

The center medallion for my project 
is what I've nicknamed Phase I.
(to be completed by the end of March)

Later this year,
I'll add words and borders
to finish out Phase II
of what will be our 40th anniversary quilt.


* * *


to read about the challenge
and to see what others are up to this month.


Quiltdivajulie


5 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely rich tones. Will anxiously wait for the choice of words.

Lynette said...

What a fun challenge - and wow! Neat idea to use the calendar towel for an anniversary quilt. :D

Magpie Sue said...

I did mental work on my towel challenge yesterday. Since mine will be a small wall hanging in the end I won't be using much additional fabric. Can't put off actual work on it for long though as I suspect there will be a good deal of hand work going into mine.

Carol E. said...

Our 40th anniversary is also in 2015! We got married on 8/24/75. I should finish my other tea towel challenge (at bumble beans).. I also used a 1975 towel for that one. Can't wait to see what you do!

Hilda said...

I'm another celebrating 40th wedding anniversary next year! (3/31/75) Did you have the tea towel saved, or acquire it recently? I'm going to try to finish the tea towel piece I started after the last challenge, when an inspiring tea towel was gifted to me.