Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scrappy Saturday



Here is the finished journal for January.





Here is the outside.
 (taken before inserting the composition book)




And here is the inside.
 (taken before inserting the composition book)

* * *

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

* * *




Quiltdivajulie

20 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Glorious!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

It LOOKS like a Wanda! Wunnerful!

Julie in GA said...

So beautiful!

Elaine said...

Love that pop of red. Going to go look at Wanda's tutorial. I just made a composition book shop sample out of an on-line free tutorial and want to compare the flaps which I don't see in your picture. Great use of your rainbow color.

Teresa in Music City said...

What a GREAT way to use up your scraps! Beautiful and useful :*)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

it is SO pretty!! I love the pop of bright color mixed into the blues.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love that this cover fits the composition size notebooks...easy to replace! This would make great gifts! Going to check out that tutorial. Thanks for sharing!!!

Sheila said...

It's beautiful. Love your fabrics! Excellent good idea for gifts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Boy do I LOVE that idea!! Your cover turned out SO great!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Beautiful and useful too!

soscrappy said...

So beautiful! What a great use of scraps. Thanks for including the tutorial link, I would live to try one. (Someday)

Elly D said...

You have used some beautiful blue scraps in your book cover. Gorgeous!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so pretty... Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely book cover! iI the colourful wider piece Kaffe Fassett

Ellen said...

So pretty - a wonderful use of scraps!

Sarah said...

Scrummy blue fabrics!

madebymyself said...

Great finish! Lovely blue colours.

Cathy said...

Oh, that's pretty. For you or a gift?

Sharon said...

Beautiful book cover! I really like that you included a punch of red in the midst of all the blues. I love Wanda's covers, but have never tried one. You're inspiring me.

Thanks for turning me on to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I've joined up and started sewing scraps. Maybe I can make a dent in the scrap bin!

Deb A said...

What a great use of some pretty scraps. Thanks for the link.... someday I may try one.