Thursday, October 31, 2013

Reclaimed





A long time ago,
DH turned this thin wall bowl from green maple.

It was allowed to dry,
slowly and naturally.

And then it sat . . . and sat . . . and sat.

Until last weekend.




Introducing . . .  Reclaimed.

13" diameter by 5-1/2" tall





Using reclaimed silk from Darn Good Yarn,
(and 1/3 jar of Modge Podge)
I wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped
the exterior of the bowl.




I love the wonderfully colorful
and invitingly tactile result!




There are two skeins of yarn tucked in the bowl.

The exterior wrapping used nearly the same amount!


* * *

LOVE IT !!


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Paulette said...

Wow, it makes me want to reach through the screen to touch it!

Nifty Quilts said...

LOVE IT!! Sure wish I could touch it.

Marei said...

I agree with the ladies above....I want to touch it! How very cool.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great idea of yours! Beautiful result!

Magpie Sue said...

Fabulous! I WANT one! You lucky woman you!