Thursday morning, I had one of my co-workers
draw a name out of DH's big red bowl.
She drew Marei's comment.
The stack of fabric pieces is already on its way to California.
Back in the studio,
there's a new plan for the problematic yardage . . .
I've had this box of 2.5" strips set aside for a year or more.
High time to use them to make a Chinese coins flimsy.
(click link to see one I made several years ago)
Turns out, there are enough strips to create
TWO 48" x 60" comfort quilt tops!
The first one is loosely grouped on the design wall.
The second is semi-sorted in the box.
Things are so crazy at work,
stitching straight seams after dinner feels wonderful!
(more on the craziness reasons in the coming weeks)
Over on the cutting table,
I've been playing with some of the orphan letters.
I'd love to turn this into a small wall quilt
or maybe even a larger lap quilt.
And yes, I do know that "not" is spelled wrong.
The "TO" needs to be unstitched so I can rearrange the letters.
We'll see what happens with this.
All depends on available brain cells!
Halloween evening,
we had a grand total of FOUR trick-or-treaters
and one tag-along tuxedo kitty.
(last year we had nearly 60 visitors)
And in our Halloween-day mail, this arrived.
It and another Christmas issue from earlier in the week
have been set aside until later.
It is just TOO soon!
* * *
Here's to the weekend ~ I know I need one.
Quiltdivajulie



4 comments:
The strips look great on the wall. Orphan letters are fun. I look foreword to seeing how these projects develope. We had 11 visitors last night, wonder if "school night" produced this low turnout.
Already sent an email, but wanted to post on your blog as well...Thank you for your scraps. I know I'll love playing with them.
Well, I'm sorry I missed the drawing! You are still planning to use that sewing print and the greens somehow, aren't you? Or am I to understand that that project has been scrapped altogether? (No pun intended!)
I saw them carting off the Halloween candy and setting up Christams trees at the same time in the grocery super-store on November 1st.... way too early. Love "the rodeo"!
Post a Comment