Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Thing Leads To Another



DH needed some new storage boxes for his workshop,
so I volunteered to use this all-the-same set in my studio
and re-purpose my mis-matched assortment for his tools, etc.
(his studio needs are quite different from mine)




After a full afternoon of dumping things out,
sorting, folding, and re-arranging,
one of my shelf units looks like this.
(2.5" strips by color, half-pregnant projects, & assorted orphan boxes)




This is the second newly-tidied shelf unit.
The top shelf holds PIF-Kindness quilts cut out and ready to stitch.
Shelf two holds fabrics for an almost-ready-to-begin quilt.
(more than I'll need ~ but I wanted plenty to choose from)
Another shelf for books and the lower shelves house my selvages. 
(And I finally found a reasonably-priced dress form for my White Coat!)

* * * 



The process of sorting, folding, and re-organizing 
led to a list of the various projects ~
and taking inventory of my stash.

* * *

Bottom line?
I need to browse/shop less during 2012 and stitch more!
(Will share my list soon . . . )

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh my, it's all just stunning!!! So pristine and super-organized!!! wow.

*karendianne. said...

Bottom line - you're doing just perfectly. Keep going with how you're going. It's fantastic. I absolutely love it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Bottom line: we are all super impressed.

The Calico Cat said...

half-pregnant projects

Thanks for the laugh!

Twisted Quilts said...

Looks great, can you come over this afternoon and help me get my room to look this good! BTW, I have always heard that you were either pregnant or not.

Quilter Kathy said...

Everything looks so fresh and beautifully organized!

Magpie Sue said...

Egad, how could you possibly work in such a clean space???!!!
;- )

quiltmom anna said...

what a nice space Julie- it is so wonderfully organized. It must be a very inviting place to be. I love your phrase half pregnant - made me laugh.
Best wishes in the new year.
Regards,
Anna