As I hurried to put together
my sister's White Chicken Chili recipe before heading to work,
I went to the cupboard to get my beloved crock pot.
But wait ~ where is it?
My well-worn, trusty brown and harvest gold crock pot was missing!
I searched the cupboard, the pantry, and another cupboard
before asking DH if he remembered where we put the crock pot.
He searched ~ then stopped and looked at me . . .
"It's right there ~ right where it should be ~
"We bought a new one a month or so ago . . ."
Good grief!
I wasn't looking for a shiny black and silver model.
Deep sigh . . .
You'd think that since we've kept track of DH's Snippy scissors
from one of his early childhood Christmases . . .
and a series of vintage glass ornaments from our mothers' Christmas trees,
that we would remember we had replaced our wedding-gifted Crock Pot.
Apparently not ~
So now we're laughing at ourselves because neither of us remembered
until after we'd spent 10 minutes searching.
* * * *
| Mr. and Mrs. Claus - made in the late 1970s by Julie |
* * * *
If you need me later today,
I'll have this book with me while
I cover my shift at the law firm's front desk.
It has been a busy and disjointed week ~
I'm craving some creative flow to smooth my rough edges this weekend.
8 comments:
I'm right there with you... believe me. It's good to laugh and important to possess the ability for that laughter to be self-directed at times. :) Enjoy the chili.
That is so funny....
Like looking for your car and kinda panic inside until you realize you are driving hubby's car.
I always losing things I put in a special place so I could remember where they were!
Ha, ha, ha, that's pretty funny! :)
Hi Julie,
Too funny. I have done that, too, looking for something based on a picture in my head, and then not seeing what you want right in front of you.
Like your snowy pictures from yesterday! Hey you have to have a little "real" Christmas decor!
Vicky F
I made those same Mr and Mrs Santas - with that candy cane fabric!!!!!!
That's so funny :) And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does such things :)
I have hiding places for things I don't want DH and DD to find/use/pinch! Trouble is I have to keep on moving the places when they are discovered so I can never remember where anything is!
Post a Comment