Over the long Thanksgiving weekend,
I taught our younger son how to use my rotary cutter.
He had a blast cutting random strings and strips from
the pile of scrap fabric Chris gifted to me.
(from her Borealis quilt named Free Spirit)
I've finally spent time stitching some of those strings and strips together
and cutting the first few segments for my longtime bucket-listed
Marston-Moran-inspired Liberated Wedding Ring quilt.
Here are the four quarter blocks that form Block No. 1!
And then, there were three blocks . . .
* * *
I've named my quilt-to-be Afterglow.
![]() |
| Photo by sudarshan vijayaraghavan |
The photo above explains why . . .
(taken at Adyar creek, Chennai, India)
If you're curious, you can read a more scientific explanation here.
* * *
Once Free Spirit and Afterglow are finished
(sometime next year)
Chris and I want to photograph our two quilts together.
In the meantime,
I LOVE playing with these colors!!
Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------------
“The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.”
(Pamela Hansford Johnson)

4 comments:
What a perfect name for this quilt!
Its beautiful. I think you should print that picture on fabric and include it as your label.
The fabrics are amazing and I love the inspiration that you are using. That photograph is fantastic.
OH MY!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!
Post a Comment